Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
According acts ancient appears arguments authority beauty became become belief body Catholic cause century character Christ Christian Church civilisation conception condition continued countries Crown 8vo curious death developement Devil direct Divine doctrine early Edition effected England entirely especially Europe evidence exercised existence expression extremely fact faith Fathers followed Greek habits human Illustrations images imagination important influence intellectual Italy laws least less living matter ment middle mind miracles moral movement named natural never notion object once opinions origin pagan painting passed passion perhaps period persons philosophy popular position present probably produced progress punishment question realised reason regarded religion religious remarkable represented result seems sense simply soon soul spirit suffering theology things thought tion torture true truth universal whole witchcraft witches writer
19. oldal - CATECHISM of the STEAM ENGINE, in its various Applications to Mines, Mills, Steam Navigation, Railways, and Agriculture. By the same Author. With 89 Woodcuts. Fcp. 6s. HANDBOOK of the STEAM ENGINE.
21. oldal - The Treasury of Bible Knowledge; being a Dictionary of the Books, Persons, Places, Events, and other Matters of which mention is made in Holy Scripture; intended to establish its Authority ' and illustrate its Contents. By Rev. J. AYRE, MA With Maps, 15 Plates, and numerous Woodcuts.
21. oldal - Readings for a Month Preparatory to Confirmation, from Writers of the Early and English Church. By the same.
11. oldal - A NEW STAR ATLAS, for the Library, the School, and the Observatory, in Twelve Circular Maps (with Two Index Plates). Intended as a Companion to ' Webb's Celestial Objects for Common Telescopes.
22. oldal - Each of the Three Volumes or Parts of the Alpine Guide may be had with this INTRODUCTION prefixed, price 1s.
18. oldal - A MANUAL of ARCHITECTURE : being a Concise History and Explanation of the principal Styles of European Architecture. Ancient,, Mediaeval, and Renaissance ; with a Glossary of Technical Terms. By THOMAS MITCHELL. Crown 8vo. with 150 Woodcuts, 10s. 6d. HINTS on HOUSEHOLD TASTE in FURNITURE, UPHOLSTERY, and other Details.
24. oldal - The HORSE'S FOOT, and HOW to KEEP IT SOUND. By W. MILES, Esq. Ninth Edition, with Illustrations. Imperial Svo.
14. oldal - STRANGE DWELLINGS: a Description of the Habitations of Animals, abridged from ' Homes without Hands '. With 60 Illustrations.
19. oldal - ENCYCLOPEDIA of AGRICULTURE: comprising the Laying-out, Improvement, and Management of Landed Property, and the Cultivation and Economy of the Productions of Agriculture.