Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
allowed Appendix applicant appointed authority average Board cause cent certification character and capacity cities civil service act classified clerks Commission competent competitive Congress Copy customs Department departmental service Describe diligent discharge district duties effect employed employés ends enter Express extend fact faithful five four Give the operation given Government grade head held hundred influence January less letters limited marked ments merit methods months moral tone Name notice operation in full opinion party passed person places political political assessments possible post-office postmaster pounds practicable present President pressure promotion proper public service Question reason receive record regard regulations removal rules salary says secure selected Senate serv shown side solicitation special examinations standing taken Territory tion United vacancy Washington whole Write York
54. oldal - ... of the United States, and no clerk or employee of any department, branch, or bureau of the executive, judicial, or military or naval service of the United States, shall, directly or indirectly, solicit or receive, or be in any manner concerned in soliciting or receiving, any assessment, subscription, or contribution for any political purpose whatever...
51. oldal - Such examinations shall be practical in their character, and so far as may be shall relate to those matters which will fairly test the relative capacity and fitness of the persons examined to discharge the duties of the service into which they seek to be appointed.
14. oldal - An act to regulate and improve the civil service of the United States...
95. oldal - This treaty shall be ratified by the President of the United States of America, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate thereof; and by the President of the Mexican republic, with the previous approbation of its general Congress ; and the ratifications shall be exchanged in the city of Washington, or at the seat of government of Mexico, in four months from the date of the signature hereof, or sooner if practicable.
89. oldal - If all the year were playing holidays, To sport would be as tedious as to work ; But, when they seldom come, they wished-for come, And nothing pleaseth but rare accidents.
51. oldal - ... representations concerning the same, or concerning the person examined, or who shall wilfully furnish to any person any special or secret information for the purpose of either improving or injuring the prospects or chances of any person so examined...
95. oldal - ... citizens and subjects with the exception of contraband of war, shall be exempt from capture or seizure on the high seas or elsewhere, by the armed vessels or by the military forces of either party...
46. oldal - Make an annual report to the governor for transmission to the legislature, showing its own action, the rules and regulations and the exceptions thereto in force, and the practical effects thereof and any suggestions it may approve for the more effectual accomplishment of the purposes of this act.
51. oldal - The three commissioners shall each receive a salary of three thousand dollars a year, and each of said commissioners shall be paid his necessary traveling expenses incurred in the discharge of his duty as a commissioner.
50. oldal - Columbia upon the basis of population as ascertained at the last preceding census. Every application for an examination shall contain, among other things, a statement, under oath, setting forth his or her actual bona fide residence at the time of 57 k making the application, as well as how long he or she has been a resident of such place. Fourth, that there shall be a period of probation before any absolute appointment or employment aforesaid.