Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection ancient appear baptism beautiful believe Bible called cause century chapter character Christ Christian church common connection contains course death divine early earth edition English entire evidence examination exhibit existence fact faith fathers feel give given gospel Greek hand heart Hence holy human idea important individual infant influence institutions interest Jews king labor language learned less letters light living manner March means mind ministers missionary moral nature never object original passage period Persian persons practice present principles printed published reader reason received reference regard relations religion religious remarks respect result says Scriptures seems soul spirit success sufferings Testament thing thought tion translation true truth universal various volume whole write
51. oldal - Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an High Priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; 2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
332. oldal - The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock : and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.
40. oldal - I will not dissemble the first emotions of joy on the recovery of my freedom, and, perhaps, the establishment of my fame. But my pride was soon humbled, and a sober melancholy was spread over my mind, by the idea that I had taken an everlasting leave of an old and agreeable companion, and that whatsoever might be the future date of my History, the life of the historian must be short and precarious.
555. oldal - But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
338. oldal - For we have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the Red sea for you, when ye came out of Egypt...
386. oldal - O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; Happy shall he be that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
551. oldal - Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
553. oldal - That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.