Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according adorned alternation animals appearance arrangement artist beauty becomes blue bodice body bonnet brilliant called character charming cloth colour contrast costume covered crown decoration delicate diamond direction display distinct dress Edition effect elegance enamel example expression face fashion feathers feeling figure flowers folds give gloves gold grace green hair hand harmony head head-dress height human idea Illustrations imitation importance invented Italy jewel lace laws less light lines look marked material means mind movement nature necessary objects ornament outlines painting person placed present produced progression proportions radiating regularity relief render repeated repetition require richness round seen shades shape side silk simple skirt sleeves sometimes stones striking style suitable suits surface symmetry thread tints trimmings varied variety velvet vertical violet vols wear woman women yellow
4. oldal - This Edition is printed on a finer paper and in a larger type than has been employed in any previous edition. The type has been cast especially for it, and the page is of a size to admit of the introduction of all the original illustrations. No such attractive issue has been made of the writings of Mr. Dickens, which, various as have been the forms of publication adapted to the demands of an ever widely-increasing popularity, have never yet been worthily presented in a really handsome library form....
9. oldal - HARDY (CAPT. C.)— FOREST LIFE IN ACADIE ; and Sketches of Sport and Natural History in the Lower Provinces of the Canadian Dominion. With Illustrations.
5. oldal - Messrs. CHAPMAN & HALL trust that by this Edition they will be enabled to place the works of the most popular British Author of the present day in the hands of all English readers.
22. oldal - ANALYSIS OF ORNAMENT: THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES. An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. With many Illustrations.
16. oldal - ROCK (THE VERY REV. CANON), DD— ON TEXTILE FABRICS. A Descriptive and Illustrated Catalogue of the Collection of Church Vestments, Dresses, Silk Stuffs, Needlework, and Tapestries in the South Kensington Museum.
21. oldal - ELEMENTARY DRAWING COPY-BOOKS, for the use of Children from four years old and upwards, in Schools and Families. Compiled by a Student certificated by the Science and Art Department as an Art Teacher. Seven Books in 4to, sewed: Book I.
16. oldal - DYCE'S Final Corrections. %* This edition is not a mere reprint of that which appeared in 1857, but presents a text very materially altered and amended from beginning to end, with a large body of critical Notes almost entirely new, and a Glossary, in which the language of the poet, his allusions to customs, &c., are fully explained.
7. oldal - ... presents a text very materially altered and amended from beginning to end, with a large body of critical Notes almost entirely new, and a Glossary, in which the language of the poet, his allusions to customs, &c., are fully explained. '' The best text of Shakespeare which has yet appeared. Mr. Dyce's edition is a great work, worthy of his reputation, and for the present it contains the standard text.