Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Meditations and Prayers Appropriate to the Holy Communion
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
accept affections afflictions Almighty Amen assist attend believe benefits beseech Thee blessed blood body body and blood bread called charity Christian Church comfort command Communion consider continual covenant cross daily death divine duty dwell earth endeavour eternal everlasting evil examine example faith Father fear feel follow forgiveness give given glory Gospel grace grant hand happiness hath heart heaven heavenly Holy Spirit hope human humility infinite institution Jesus Christ judge keep kind kingdom light live look Lord mankind manner means ment mercy mind mysteries nature neglect offer ourselves pardon partake peace perfect perform persons pleasure praise pray prayer prepared present promised reason receive religion repent sacrament sacrifice salvation Saviour says sincerity sins soul Spirit sufferings sufficient temptations thanks things Thou hast thought thy holy tion trials true trust truth unto weak whole
101. oldal - ... we humbly beseech Thee most mercifully to accept our alms and oblations, and to receive these our prayers, which we offer unto Thy Divine Majesty ; beseeching Thee to inspire continually the universal Church with the spirit of truth, unity, and concord. And grant, that all they that do confess Thy holy Name may agree in the truth of Thy holy Word, and live in unity, and godly love.
103. oldal - For as the benefit is great, if with a true penitent heart and lively faith we receive that holy Sacrament ; (for then we spiritually eat the flesh of Christ, and drink his blood ; then we dwell in Christ, and Christ in us ; we are one with Christ, and Christ with us ;) so is the danger great, if we receive the same unworthily.
53. oldal - For we are saved by hope : but hope that is seen is not hope : for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
10. oldal - The Supper of the Lord is not only a sign of the love that Christians ought to have among themselves one to another; but rather it is a Sacrament of our Redemption by Christ's death: insomuch that to such as rightly, worthily, and with faith, receive the same, the Bread which we break is a partaking of the Body of Christ; and likewise the Cup of Blessing is a partaking of the Blood of Christ.
107. oldal - This is a true saying, and worthy of all men to be received, That Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
51. oldal - Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations : that the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.
108. oldal - THEREFoRE with angels and archangels, and with all the company of heaven, we laud and magnify thy glorious name, evermore praising thee, and saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God of hosts ! heaven and earth are full of thy glory. Glory be to thee, O Lord most high.
114. oldal - Drink ye all of this ; for this is My Blood of the New Testament, which is shed for you and for many for the remission of sins : Do this, as oft as ye shall drink it, in remembrance of Me.
73. oldal - As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God' So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God...
94. oldal - ALMIGHTY Father, who hast given thine •£»- only Son to die for our sins, and to rise again for our justification ; Grant us so to put away the leaven of malice and wickedness, that we may alway serve thee in pureness of living and truth ; through the merits of the same thy Son Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.