The Philosophy of the Human Mind, in Respect to Religion; Or, A Demonstration: From the Necessity of Things, that Religion Entered the World by Revelation. Also, An Inquiry Into the Production, Nature, and Effects of the Christian Faith, According to the Expositions of Christ, and His Apostles - the Detection of Long Standing Errors, &c. and the Necessary Dependance [sic] of the American Republics Upon the Christian Religion, for Their Origin and Continuance, Evinced
Thomas T. Skillman, 1813 - 306 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according Acts Apostles appear authority believe body called cause chapter character christian communicated consequence consisting creature dead death disciples divine earth effects established evidence exercise existence explained fact faith Father Gentiles gifts give given glory God's Gospel grace hands hath hear heard heart heaven Holy Ghost hope human ideas immediate influence inspiration instruction Jesus Christ Jews John knowledge known language light live Lord manifest manner matter means mind miracles moral nature necessary necessity never objects observes operations opinion origin passions Paul person Peter preached present principles produced promise proof proper prove raised reason received record relations religion resurrection revelation rule scriptures seen sense sent shew signs speak Spirit subjects supernatural taught teach thee things thou thought tion true truth understanding unto wisdom wonders word written wrought
126. oldal - And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams : and on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out, in those days, of my spirit, and they shall prophesy...
86. oldal - Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.
48. oldal - God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit ; for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
87. oldal - But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets : 15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
302. oldal - Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labour to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens.
298. oldal - The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid ; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together ; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed ; their young ones shall lie down together : and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice's den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain : for the earth shall...
41. oldal - Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God ; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth ; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
143. oldal - But rise and stand upon thy feet; for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee. Delivering thee from the people and from the Gentiles unto whom now I send thee...
123. oldal - And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms concerning me.
82. oldal - For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.