Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able acknowledge affection afflicted amid assured AUTHOR bear blessed bring brought Christ cling close cloth antique comfort coming CONTENTS cross daily dark dear death desire divine doubt draw duty earnest earthly enabled enter eternity faith Father fear feel Foolscap 8vo formed forsaken Friend fulness future gentle give glorify glory God's grace gracious grateful gratitude hand hath heart Holy hope hour humble Jesus knowledge leave less live looking back Lord meet mercy mind ness never pain past path PATIENT peace pray prayer precious present PROMISE prosperity receive rest sanctify Saviour season seek serve sick sins sorrow soul spirit STRAHAN strength suffering temptations tender Thee things Thou Throne of Grace tion tokens trials trust truth union unto uphold WAITING walk watchful weakness
30. oldal - Christ leads me through no darker rooms Than He went through before ; He that into God's kingdom comes Must enter by this door. Come, Lord, when grace hath made me meet Thy blessed face to see ; For if thy work on earth be sweet, What will thy glory be...
30. oldal - Come, Lord, when grace hath made me meet Thy blessed face to see; For if Thy work on earth be sweet, What will Thy glory be?
46. oldal - Tis not for man to trifle ! Life is brief And sin is here ; Our age is but the falling of a leaf — A dropping tear ; We have no time to sport away the hours, All must be earnest in a world like ours.
48. oldal - MY TIMES ARE IN THY HAND." PSALM xxx1. 15. FATHER, I know that all my life Is portioned out for me, And the changes that are sure to come, I do not fear to see ; But I ask Thee for a present mind Intent on pleasing Thee.
44. oldal - When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me: Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy.
30. oldal - My knowledge of that life is small, The eye of faith is dim; But 'tis enough that Christ knows all, And I shall be with him.
49. oldal - Which call for patient care ; There is a cross in every lot, And an earnest need for prayer; But a lowly heart that leans on Thee, Is happy anywhere. In a service which Thy will appoints There are no bonds for me ; For my secret heart is taught the truth That makes Thy children free ; And a life of self-renouncing love Is a life of liberty ! NEARER HOME.
49. oldal - I would not have the restless will That hurries to and fro, Seeking for some great thing to do, Or secret thing to know ; I would be treated as a child, And guided where I go.
49. oldal - So I ask Thee for the daily strength, To none that ask denied, And a mind to blend with outward life While keeping at Thy side ; Content to fill a little space, If Thou be glorified. And if some things I do not ask, In my cup of blessing be, I would have my spirit filled the more With grateful love to Thee — More careful — not to serve Thee much, But to please Thee perfectly.