Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Alsace-Lorraine amounted annual annum appointed armour army artillery Austria Austria-Hungary battalions Bavaria Belgium born April born July born June Britain British budget estimates cavalry census census of December cent Chamber of Deputies Church civil list colonies commerce consists Constitution Crown dated daughter Denmark districts Duke Education elected electors Emperor Empire England and Wales English square miles exports Finance florins following table France Friedrich Germany Government Grand-duke guns H.M.'s Consuls House Hungary Imperial increase infantry inhabitants Ireland ironclads Karl kilomètres King loan London March 31 mark married military millions milreis Minister Ministry navy Netherlands nominated officers Paris Parliament population Portugal President Prince Princess principal Protestants provinces Prussia public debt railways receipts regiments Reichstag Reigning Sovereign Reports from H.M.'s Rigsdag Roman Catholic royal Saxe-Altenburg Saxony Scotland Senate ships steamers taxes telegraph thaler tonnage tons total number towns trade United Kingdom vessels vote Wilhelm Würtemberg
575. oldal - No person, except a natural-born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President ; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.
201. oldal - Lancaster, the First Lord of the Admiralty, the President of the Board of Trade, Vice-President of Privy Council, the Postmaster-General, the Chief Secretary for Ireland, and the President of the Poor Law Board.
192. oldal - It hath sovereign and uncontrollable authority in the making, confirming, enlarging, restraining, abrogating, repealing, reviving, and expounding of laws concerning matters of all possible denominations, ecclesiastical or temporal, civil, military, maritime, or criminal: this being the place where that absolute despotic power, which must in all governments reside somewhere, is entrusted by the constitution of these kingdoms.
608. oldal - Subject to this provision an appeal may be taken from the decision of the Commissioner of the General Land Office to the Secretary of the Interior...
575. oldal - The president is commander-in-chief of the army and navy, and of the militia in the service of the Union. He has the power of a veto on all laws passed by Congress; but notwithstanding his veto, any bill may become a law on its afterwards being passed by twothirds of both Houses of Congress.
31. oldal - Jews number less than 1,500. Full religious liberty is granted by the constitution, and part of the income of the ministers of all denominations is paid from the national treasury. The amount thus granted in...
197. oldal - Is of full age, and not subject to any legal incapacity ; and who shall be seised at law or in equity of any lands or tenements of copyhold or any other tenure whatever, except freehold, for his own life, or for the life of another, or for any lives whatsoever, or for any larger estate of the clear yearly value of not less than five pounds over and above all rents and charges payable out of or in respect of the same, or who...
34. oldal - The 2£% old debt, and the 2nd series of the 4£% debt, represent the share which Belgium had to take in the national liabilities of the Netherlands, after separating from that kingdom. Almost the entire remainder of the debt of Belgium was raised for, and devoted to works of public utility, particularly the construction of state railways. There is a sinking fund attached to all descriptions of the debt, with the exception of the 2£% old debt...
197. oldal - July in any year, and has during the whole of the preceding twelve calendar months been, an inhabitant occupier, as owner or tenant, of any dwelling house within the Borough ; and 3. Has during the time of such occupation been rated as an ordinary occupier in respect of the premises so occupied by him within the Borough to all rates (if any) made for the relief of the poor in respect of such premises; and 4.