Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acquainted animal appear atheism attention beautiful body called cause character Christ Christian church cotyledons cowpox daugh death degree disease divine doubt earth ence England eternal exer existence favour feel feet friends give Gratian Greenland happy heart heaven holy honour hope human idea India insanity interesting John Gorton Julius Caesar knowledge labour land language late learned lected light live London Lord manner Marseilles matter means ment mental mind missionary moral moral treatment nature neral never o'er object observations opinion perfect person pleasure possess present principles prove racter reader reason religion remarks respect Royal Military Academy sacred Serampore Seville shew ship sion slaves Society soon soul specting spirit supposed tain thee thing thou thought tion tive truth ture volume whole Woolwich
661. oldal - And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
257. oldal - They parted — ne'er to meet again ! But never either found another To free the hollow heart from paining — They stood aloof, the scars remaining, Like cliffs which had been rent asunder A dreary sea now flows between ; But neither heat, nor frost, nor thunder, Shall wholly do away, I ween, The marks of that which once hath been.
277. oldal - So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
417. oldal - Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, and reign over us. And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow : and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.
943. oldal - The offering of Christ once made is that perfect redemption, propitiation, and satisfaction, for all the sins of the whole world, both original and actual ; and there is none other satisfaction for sin, but that alone.
945. oldal - Almighty God, our heavenly Father, who of thy tender mercy didst give thine only Son Jesus Christ to suffer death upon the Cross for our redemption; who made there (by his one oblation of himself once offered) a full, perfect, and sufficient sacrifice, oblation, and satisfaction, for the sins of the whole world...
1077. oldal - Redeemer hath said, (Jo ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature — and, lo, I am with you always to the end of the world.
799. oldal - There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differeth from another star in glory.
777. oldal - To be no more : sad cure ! for who would lose, Though full of pain, this intellectual being, Those thoughts that wander through eternity, To perish rather, swallow'd up and lost , • In the wide womb of uncreated night, Devoid of sense and motion ? and who knows, Let this be good, whether our angry foe Can give it, or will ever?