Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acceptable according allowed apostle appear authority baptism baptized become believe blessing born called Calvinists cause certainly Christ christians church clergy commandments concerning condition considered conversion dead death desires divine doctrine doubt duty effect eternal evangelical evidently evil express faith fallen Father flesh follow fruits gift give given God's gospel grace hath heart Holy Ghost Holy Spirit Homily hope human important Jesus Christ John justified language living Lord manner means merit mind moral nature necessary never Note obedience obey outward passage Paul perform persons prayer present produce profession promise prove quotation receive referred Refutation regeneration render repentance respect righteousness salvation saved Saviour scrip Scripture sense shew sincere sins speak spoken suppose things thou tion true truth unto washed whole worketh
268. oldal - For I was alive without the law once : but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
176. oldal - For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another ; But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost...
61. oldal - Saviour toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost ; which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour ; that, being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
25. oldal - The condition of Man after the fall of Adam is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God. Wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.
151. oldal - THEY also are to be had accursed that presume to say, That every man shall be saved by the Law or Sect which he professeth, so that he be diligent to frame his life according to that Law, and the light of Nature. For Holy Scripture doth set out unto us only the Name of Jesus Christ, whereby men must be saved.
59. oldal - Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others...
276. oldal - But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. "Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law.
331. oldal - But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.
256. oldal - And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.