A Candid Review of Ten Letters Containing Reasons for Not Embracing the Doctrine of Universal Salvation by Rev. Joel Hawes: To which are Added Thirteen Friendly Letters to a Candidate for the Ministry
author, 1827 - 260 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Candid Review of Ten Letters, Containing Reasons for Not Embracing the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
A Candid Review of Ten Letters Containing Reasons for Not Embracing the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2019
allude already answer apostle appears argument assertion authority baptism believe Bible called cause chapter character Christ Christian church close common conclusion considered consistent darkness dead death dispensation doctrine earth endless eternal evident examine existence expression facts fathers future Gentiles give given gospel hand happiness hath hear heart heaven hell Holy hope idea import instance Jesus Jews John judgment kingdom language least less Letter light live Lord meaning ment mind misery moral natural never passage Paul present principle proof prophet prove punishment question quotation quoted reason receive refer remark rendered respecting rich salvation saved scrip scripture seen sense sins speak spirit suffering term testimony thee things thou tion true truth turn understanding Universal Universalists unto verse whole word writer
125. oldal - Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: For I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, The word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, Every tongue shall swear.
124. oldal - ... having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure, which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times, he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth, even in him...
132. oldal - Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
98. oldal - Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
101. oldal - For verily he took not on him the nature of Angels ; but he took on him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
169. oldal - I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
183. oldal - Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the Most Holy.
170. oldal - For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits ; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved : as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob : For this is My covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
184. oldal - And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.