Lateinos; Lateinos; or, The only proper and appellative name of the man, whose prophetical number in Greek numerals, is, chxs, or 666; Rev. xiii. 18; demonstrated to be the ecclesiastical mark or name of the beast, who had 'two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon'; Rev. xiii. 11-18; being none other than the pope of Rome: whose Church and kingdom are Latin
R.B. Seeley & W. Burnside, 1835 - 308 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Aatêivos according ancient APOSTATÈS Apostle Appellative authorities Beast believe Bishop Book broad calculating called Cardinal CHAPTER character Christ Christian Church of Rome City Clarke concerning contain contraction Crown cypher Days denote Diphthong Earth Ecclesiastical Emperors episèmon equal established evident example express Faber Faith Father give given Greek Greek Alphabet Greek Letters hath Head Hebrew High Holy Irenæus Italy Jesus Jews John King Kingdom Language LATEINOS Latin learned Letters Lord manner Mark means Mystery Name never Number Number xes Objection opinion original orthography Pagan Papacy Papal Papists Paul Perdition Peter Pontifical Pope Power produce Professor Proper Name Prophecy proved reason received reference Reign rejected remarks representative Roman Scriptures Seat Seven Sovereign speaks Spirit stenographical supposed thing thou tion Title true truth unto whole wisdom words writing written xěs
122. oldal - Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
215. oldal - Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. "And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
120. oldal - What shall we say then ? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith ; but Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. Wherefore ? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law.
135. oldal - He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
273. oldal - Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh : who are Israelites ; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises ; whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
213. oldal - Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not : for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book : worship God.