Origin of the Book of Common Prayer of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America: Privately Printed for the Use of the Churchman's League of the Diocese of Washington
Norwood Press, 1897 - 43 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Origin of the Book of Common Prayer: Of the Protestant Episcopal Church in ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2017
Origin of the Book of Common Prayer of the Protestant Episcopal Church in ...
John Chandler Bancroft Davis
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2016
accord Almighty American prayer American prayer-book Anglican Apostle Ascension Ash-Wednesday baptism Bishop Blessed Mary Blessing bread Burial called Canon celebrating changes Christmas Church collect Common commonly communion in King Communion Service Companions Confession Confessor contained Cross Dead differ directed Easter Edward VI English prayer-book epistle and gospel faithful Feast followed Fourth Sunday further gospel are substantially grace hands hearts Holy issued John King Edward's prayer-book largely LESSONS Lift Lord Lord Jesus Christ Lord's Prayer Martyr Mass mind missal service Monday Nicene Creed notes Offertory offices omitted Passion Paul person Peter Placing prayer-book of Edward preface present priest Psalm revision Sacrament Saints Santa Sarum missal says second communion Second Sunday Sick stantially substantially Sunday after Epiphany Sunday after Trinity Sunday in Lent thee things Third Sunday tion Translation of St Tuesday unto versicles Vigil of St Wednesday
21. oldal - In like manner after He had supped taking also this excellent chalice into His holy and venerable hands, giving Thee also thanks, He blessed and gave it to His disciples, saying: Take and drink ye all of this, FOR THIS is THE CHALICE OF MY BLOOD OF THE NEW AND ETERNAL TESTAMENT, THE MYSTERY OF FAITH : WHICH SHALL BE SHED FOR YOU AND FOR MANY, TO THE REMISSION OF SINS.
17. oldal - ALMIGHTY GOD, who into the place of the traitor Judas didst choose thy faithful servant Matthias to be of the number of the twelve Apostles ; Grant that thy Church, being alway preserved from false Apostles, may be ordered and guided by faithful and true pastors; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
13. oldal - GRANT, we beseech Thee, Almighty God, that like as we do believe Thy only-begotten Son our Lord Jesus Christ to have ascended into the heavens ; so we may also in heart and mind thither ascend, and with Him continually dwell, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee and the Holy Ghost, one God, world without end.
19. oldal - Upon the day, and at the time, appointed for the ministration of the Holy Communion, the Priest that shall execute the holy ministry shall put upon him the vesture appointed for that ministration ; that is to say, a white albe plain, with a vestment or cope.
21. oldal - We commend unto thy mercy (O Lord) all other thy servants, which are departed hence from us, with the sign of faith, and now do rest in the sleep of peace : Grant unto them, we beseech thee, thy mercy and everlasting peace...
21. oldal - Who on the day before he suffered took bread into his holy and adorable hands, and lifting up his eyes to heaven, to thee, O God, his Almighty Father, gave thanks to thee, blessed it, brake it, And gave it to his disciples, saying, Take, and eat ye all of this.
21. oldal - God, vouchsafe in all things to make blessed, approved, ratified, reasonable, and acceptable, that it may become to us the body * and * blood of thy most beloved Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
3. oldal - THE BOOKE OF THE COMMON PRAYER AND ADMINISTRACION OF THE SACRAMENTES, AND OTHER RITES AND CEREMONIES OF THE CHURCHE AFTER THE USE OF THE CHURCHE OF ENGLAND.
39. oldal - O ALMIGHTY Lord, and everlasting God, vouchsafe, we beseech Thee, to direct, sanctify, and govern both our hearts and bodies in the ways of Thy laws, and in the works of Thy commandments ; that through Thy most mighty protection, both here and ever, we may be preserved in body and soul ; through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.