The Confession of Faith, the Larger and Shorter Catechisms, with the Scripture-proofs at Large: The Covenants, National and Solemn League, the Acknowledgment of Sins, and Engagement to Duties. The Directories for Public, and Family Worship. Together with The Sum of Saving Knowledge (contained in the Holy Scriptures, and Held Forth in the Said Confession and Catechisms) and Practical Use Thereof. And the Form of Church Government, with Acts of Assembly and Parliament Relative To, and Approbative Of, the Same
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Acts Assembly behold believe blessed blood body bread brethren bring called cause church commandment covenant curse dead death doctrine doth duty earth evil eyes faith Father fear flesh gave gift give given glory God's gospel grace hand hath hear heard heart heaven holy Holy Ghost honour Israel Jesus Christ John judge judgment keep king kingdom knowledge land live Lord Lord Jesus Lord's Matt minister nature obedience offer ourselves peace perfect persons pray prayer preach promise Psal receive righteousness saith saved scripture sent servant serve sins soul speak Spirit sure teach thee thereof thine things thou hast thou shalt tion true truth turn unto viii voice walk Wherefore wherein worship wrath written
320. oldal - And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications ; and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for Him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born.
71. oldal - Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law : for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
64. oldal - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing : therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live...
271. oldal - It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement: but I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
275. oldal - If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled ; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
307. oldal - For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but, as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
292. oldal - Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida ! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
72. oldal - Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong ; because he hath poured out his soul unto death : and he was numbered with the transgressors ; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.