Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action affection allowed answer appear argument attended authority become believe better body bring called Carlile cause character Christian common consequence consider continued discussion divine doubt duty engaged equal evidence evil existence fact faculty fair faith fear feel give Gospel hand happiness hear heart heaven hold honest honour hope human ignorance Infidel interest justice kind knowledge learned least less live look mankind manner matter means meet mind moral nature never object observe once opinions original ourselves passion perfect persons pleasure political preachers present principle produce prove question reason received reform religion religious respect seen sense sentiment sincerity society sort stand suppose sure Taylor thing thought tion true truth vice virtue whole wise wish wrong
305. oldal - Canst thou not minister to a mind diseased ; Pluck from the memory a rooted sorrow ; Raze out the written troubles of the brain ; And, with some sweet, oblivious antidote, Cleanse the stuffed bosom of that perilous stuff, Which weighs upon the heart ? Doct.
457. oldal - The seasons' difference, as the icy fang And churlish chiding of the winter's wind, Which, when it bites and blows upon my body, Even till I shrink with cold, I smile and say ' This is no flattery : these are counsellors 10 That feelingly persuade me what I am.
151. oldal - I am the LORD, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
518. oldal - And he said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.
393. oldal - European powers, but a moral war which raged in every family, which set the father against the son, and the son against the father, the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother.
458. oldal - The Accusing Spirit, which flew up to Heaven's chancery with the oath, blushed as he gave it in ; and the Recording Angel, as he wrote it down, dropped a tear upon the word, and blotted it out for ever.
235. oldal - O thou that, with surpassing glory crowned, Look'st from thy sole dominion like the god Of this new World — at whose sight all the stars Hide their diminished heads — to thee I call, But with no friendly voice, and add thy name, 0 Sun, to tell thee how I hate thy beams, That bring to my remembrance from what state 1 fell, how glorious once above thy Sphere, Till pride and worse ambition threw me down, Warring in Heaven against Heaven's matchless King!