Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
A Compendious History of New England: Exhibiting an Interesting View of the ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
afterwards appointed arrived assaulted assembly assistants Boston brethren burned called Cape Cod Capt Captain CHAP Character Charlestown charter Christ christian church civil colony commander Connecticut river corn council court covenant death died distress election enemy England English erected established faith families fire fled freemen French friends gave gospel governor of Massachusetts granted Hampshire harbour Haven Hooker hundred Increase Mather Indians inhabitants Ipswich killed king labours land laws liberty lived Lord magistrates March Massachusetts Massasoit ment miles ministers Narraganset natives neighbours Nipmucks obtained officers ordinances party pastor patent peace Pequot Pequot river persecution persons piety plantation Plymouth Plymouth colony Plymouth Company pray prayer preached prisoners Quakers received religion religious removed returned Rhode Island sachem sailed Salem Sassacus savages sent settled settlement settlers ship soon spirit Squanto Standish sufferings synod tion took town troops twenty Winthorp witchcraft wounded
16. oldal - ... to enact, constitute, and frame such just and equal laws, ordinances, acts, constitutions, and offices, from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general good of the colony, unto which we promise all due submission and obedience.
31. oldal - I charge you before God and His blessed angels that you follow me no further than you have seen me follow the Lord Jesus Christ.
22. oldal - Name of the Council Established at Plymouth in the County of Devon, for the Planting, Ruling, Ordering and Governing of New England in America...
15. oldal - In the name of God, Amen. We whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread sovereign lord, King James, by the grace of God of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, king, defender of the faith, etc.
154. oldal - GOD hath endued the will of man with that natural liberty and power of acting upon choice, that it is neither forced, nor by any absolute necessity of nature determined to do good or evil.
49. oldal - And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not.
32. oldal - This is a misery much to be lamented; for though they were burning and shining lights in their times, yet they penetrated not into the whole counsel of God; but were they now living, would be as willing to embrace further light as that which they first received.
45. oldal - As long as Nature shall not grow Old and dote; but shall constantly remember to give the rows of Indian Corn their education, by Pairs; so long shall Christians be born there; and being first made meet, shall from thence be Translated to be made partakers of the Inheritance of the Saints in Light.