A Companion for the Altar: Consisting of a Short Explanation of the Lord's Supper, and Meditations and Prayers, Proper to be Used Before, and During, the Receiving of the Holy Communion, According to the Form Presrcibed by the Protestant Episcopal Church, in the United States of America
Peter A. Mesier, 1804 - 275 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adore affecting Almighty altar AMEN ardent authority awakened awful Bishop blessed bliss body and blood bread called celestial Christians church claims commands communion condemnation Consider consolations continual convey corrupt cross death deep desires devotion display divine duty engaged eternal everlasting evermore exalted excite faith Father favour give glorious glory grace gracious gratitude guilt hand hath heart heaven heavenly hope humble immortal infinite instituted Jesus Christ joys Judge justice King kingdom laws light lively Lord Lord's means merits nature obedience offered pardon partakers passions peace penitent perfection pledge PRAYER precious prepared present Priest receive Redeemer redemption render repentance righteousness Sacrament sacred salvation Saviour sense serve shed sincere sins sorrow soul Spirit strengthen sufferings Supper thee things thou art thou dost thou hast throne thy grace thy holy thy mercy tion true truth universal unto virtue vows wrath
187. oldal - I have commanded you, and lo ! I am with you alway, even to the end of the world.
223. oldal - For as the benefit is great, if with a true penitent heart and lively faith we receive that holy Sacrament (for then we spiritually eat the Flesh of CHRIST, and drink His Blood; then we dwell in CHRIST, and CHRIST in us; we are one with CHRIST, and CHRIST with us) ; so is the danger great, if we receive the same unworthily.
218. oldal - Let him that is taught in the Word minister unto him that teacheth, in all good things. Be not deceived, God is not mocked : for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he reap.
244. oldal - God, we most heartily thank thee, for that thou dost vouchsafe to feed us, who have duly received these holy mysteries, with the spiritual food of the most precious Body and Blood of thy Son our Saviour Jesus Christ ; and dost assure us thereby of thy favour and goodness towards us ; and that we are very members incorporate in the mystical body of thy Son, which is the blessed company of all faithful people...
245. oldal - We praise Thee, we bless Thee, we worship Thee, we glorify Thee, we give thanks to Thee for Thy great glory, O LORD GOD, heavenly KING, GOD the FATHER Almighty.
244. oldal - ... by the merits of the most precious death and passion of thy dear Son. And we most humbly beseech thee, 0 heavenly Father, so to assist us with thy grace, that we may continue in that holy fellowship, and do all such good works as thou hast prepared for us to walk in...
229. oldal - We are not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under thy table. But thou art the same Lord, whose property is always to have mercy : grant us, therefore, gracious Lord, so to eat the flesh of thy dear Son Jesus Christ, and to drink his blood, that our sinful bodies may be made clean by his body, and our souls washed through his most precious blood, and that we may evermore dwell in him, and he in us.
255. oldal - He will not suffer thy foot to be moved : he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
237. oldal - THE blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, which was shed for thee, preserve thy body and soul unto everlasting life!
33. oldal - And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying. Drink ye all of it; For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.