Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able answer appears army bank become believe bill body British called cause charge circumstances common conduct consequence consider consideration constitution continue corn course court danger depreciation duty effect Emperor empire enemy England equal established existence expected expressed fact feel force former France French give given hands honour hope House increase interest Ireland Italy King land late least less letter Lord Majesty means measure ment mind minister nature necessary never notes object observe obtain occasion officers opinion Parliament party passed peace persons Pitt political present Prince principle produce prove question raised reason received regard respect Russia ships suppose taken thing thought tion volunteers whole wish
809. oldal - Will you. to the utmost of your power maintain the laws of God, the true profession of the gospel, and the Protestant reformed religion established by the law? And will you preserve unto the bishops and clergy of this realm, and to the churches committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges as by law do or shall appertain unto them, or any of them? King or queen. All this I promise to do.
659. oldal - I do assure your lordship," said he, in his answer to the lord mayor, "that there is not that man breathing who sets a higher value upon the thanks of his fellow-citizens of London than myself; but I should feel as much ashamed to receive them for a particular service, marked in the resolution, if I felt that I did not come within that line of service, as I should feel hurt at having a great victory passed over without notice. I beg to inform your lordship, that the port of Toulon has never been...
659. oldal - Rear-Admiral resolve to let the matter rest until he could have an opportunity personally to call upon the Lord Mayor, to account for such an extraordinary omission; but from this second omission, I owe it to that excellent Officer not to pass it by. And I do assure your Lordship, that the constant...
865. oldal - His seat, where solitary sports are seen, Indignant spurns the cottage from the green: Around the world each needful product flies, For all the luxuries the world supplies; While thus the land adorned for pleasure all In barren splendour feebly waits the fall.
543. oldal - November next, be held, and sit for the dispatch of divers urgent and important affairs: and the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and the Knights, Citizens, and Burgesses, and the Commissioners for Shires and Burghs of the House of Commons, are hereby required and commanded to give their attendance accordingly, at Westminster, on the said 2/th day of November next.
661. oldal - Bustamente, knight of the order of St. James, and a rear-admiral. They are from Monte Video, Rio de la Plata ; and, from the information of the captain of the flag-ship, contained about four millions of dollars, eight hundred thousand of which were on board the Mercedes which blew up.
187. oldal - Majesty) the animating hope, that the benefits to be derived from our successful exertions will not be confined within ourselves, but that, by their example and their consequences, they may lead to the re-establishment of such a system in Europe, as may rescue it from the precarious state to which it is reduced ; and may finally raise an effectual barrier against the unbounded schemes of aggrandizement and ambition which threaten every independent nation that yet remains on the continent.
557. oldal - ... resolved to make an experiment, on a limited scale, of the means of attack which had been provided. The final arrangements for this purpose were made on the morning of yesterday. . .The officers named below* were put in charge of the principal vessels which at this time were to be used. The armed launches, and other boats of the squadron, were appointed to accompany and protect them. The Castor, Greyhound, and some smaller vessels, were directed to take up an advanced and convenient anchorage...