Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ancient answer appears Author become Black boys bridge building built called castle church clay cloth colour comes course cross Crown deep described Edition farther feet fields fire five followed foot four give green half hand happy heard height hill hundred Illustrations iron keep landscape leave light lively look Maps mass miles Nature never once pass perhaps plates pleasant pleasure Post 8vo present prospect range ready remains remarkable rising river road rock round runs scene seems seen shillings Shropshire side sight slopes stands stone stream street summit tells thick things thought thousand tower town trees turn village walk walls week wire women wood
117. oldal - Sabrina fair, Listen where thou art sitting Under the glassy, cool, translucent wave, In twisted braids of lilies knitting The loose train of thy amber-dropping hair; Listen, for dear honour's sake, Goddess of the silver lake, Listen and save. y Listen, and appear to us, In name of great Oceanus ; By the earth-shaking Neptune's mace, And Tethys...
33. oldal - natural enemies' of the French there are successively selected, during the French war, say thirty able-bodied men: Dumdrudge, at her own expense, has suckled and nursed them : she has, not without difficulty and sorrow, fed them up to manhood, and even trained them to crafts, so that one can weave, another build, another hammer, and the weakest can stand under thirty stone avoirdupois. Nevertheless, amid much weeping and swearing, they are selected; all dressed in red; and shipped away, at the public...
78. oldal - O come, let us sing unto the Lord : let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
13. oldal - The Inferno. A Literal Prose Translation, with the Text of the Original printed on the same page. By John A. Carlyle, MD 5*. — The Purgatorlo. A Literal Prose Translation, with the Text printed on the same page.
33. oldal - And now to that same spot in the south of Spain, are thirty similar French artisans, from a French Dumdrudge, in like manner wending: till at length, after infinite effort, the two parties come into actual juxtaposition; and Thirty stands fronting Thirty, each with a gun in his hand. Straightway the word
89. oldal - For, grant they be so, while they rest unknown, What need a man forestall his date of grief, And run to meet what he would most avoid?
389. oldal - The intelligible forms of ancient poets, The fair humanities of old religion, The power, the beauty, and the majesty, That had their haunts in dale, or piny mountain, Or forest by slow stream, or pebbly spring. Or chasms and wat'ry depths ; all these have vanished They live no longer in the faith of reason...
31. oldal - ANALYSIS OF ORNAMENT: THE CHARACTERISTICS OF STYLES. An Introduction to the Study of the History of Ornamental Art. With many Illustrations.
32. oldal - Schools ; Being a Manual of the Method of Teaching Drawing, Specially adapted for the Use of Masters of National and Parochial Schools. By ELLIS A. DAVIDSON, Head Master of the Chester School of Art, and Professor of Drawing at the Chester Diocesan Training College. Published under the sanction of the Science and Art Department of the Committee of Council on Education. Post 8vo, cloth. 3*.
359. oldal - O my beloved nymph, fair Dove, Princess of rivers, how I love Upon thy flowery banks to lie, And view thy silver stream, When gilded by a Summer's beam! And in it all thy wanton fry Playing at liberty, And, with my angle, upon them The all of treachery I ever learned industriously to try!