An Inquiry Into the Popular Notion of an Unoriginated, Infinite and Eternal Prescience: With a Preface Containing a Dialogue Between the Author and One of His Readers
W. Baynes, 1828
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able actions actual existence advocates agency Almighty already anticipation appear argument assertion authority believe blessed bring cause certain certainty character Christ Christian conduct consequence contained continue conviction created creatures deduction Deity demonstrate determination Divine doctrine of eternal duration earth equally error especially eternal prescience evidence evil fact faith feeling final follow foregoing future give Gospel hand happiness heart holy human human heart imply infallible infinite inquire intelligible Israel issue Jesus king knowledge limits living Lord matter means mental mind moral nature necessary necessity never notion object original perfect perfectly persons popular possible practice predictions present produce promise properties prophecy prophet prove question rational reason receive regard relation religious rendered revelation salvation scripture single speculations spirit successive suppose thee things thou tion truth understanding unto whole wicked
144. oldal - Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the king of Assyria, He shall not come into this city, nor shoot an arrow there, nor come before it with shield, nor cast a bank against it.
178. oldal - Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you : searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
164. oldal - But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up. take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
156. oldal - The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
148. oldal - For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together, for to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
165. oldal - Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
143. oldal - For the LORD had made the host of the Syrians to hear a noise of chariots and a noise of horses, even the noise of a great host : and they said one to another, Lo, the king of Israel hath hired against us the kings of the Hittites and the kings of the Egyptians to come upon us.
149. oldal - Behold my servant, whom I have chosen ; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased ; I will put my Spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
148. oldal - Ye men of Israel, hear these words ; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles, and wonders, and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know...
152. oldal - When the even, was come, they brought unto him many, that were possessed with devils : and he cast out the spirits, with his word, and healed all, that were sick : *' that it might be fulfilled, which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, " Himself took our infirmities, and bare our