Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
advantage allies ancient appeared arms army Asia attacked attempt authority battle became began body brother brought called cause celebrated Charles chief Christian church civil claims coast colonies command complete conquest continued court crown danger death defeated dominions duke east Egypt emperor empire enemies engaged England English entered established Europe favor followed forced formed France French gained gave Germany greater Greece Greek hand head hundred important invaded island Italy joined king kingdom land length Lord Louis marched monarch murdered nobles obtained papacy passed peace Persian person Philip pope possession prepared prince principal protection provinces raised received reign resolved restored rival river Romans Rome secure senate sent severely soldiers soon sovereign Spain subjects succeeded success taken temple thousand throne tion took tribes victory wars western
40. oldal - So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets. And it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.
179. oldal - And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul : neither said any of them that aught of the things which he possessed was his own } but they had all things common.
179. oldal - Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, and cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. And they stoned Stephen, las he was] calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
171. oldal - But the cormorant and the bittern shall possess it ; the owl also and the raven shall dwell in it: and he shall stretch out upon it the line of confusion and the stones of emptiness.
44. oldal - Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and inquire of her.
757. oldal - ... where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice? and let us with caution indulge the supposition, that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.
585. oldal - The march begins in military state, And nations on his eye suspended wait; Stern famine guards the solitary coast, And winter barricades the realms of frost; He comes, nor want nor cold his course delay; Hide, blushing glory, hide Pultowa's day: The...
179. oldal - And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.