Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Dissertations on Some Parts of the Old and New Testaments, Which Have Been ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
according actions allowed Almighty appear argument authority brought called cause character charge Christian circumstances command concerning conduct consequences considered continue creatures crimes David death destruction determination divine earth effect established event evidence evil expected expression faith fathers founded future give given hand happiness hath heart human immediate important individual instances Israelites Jews judge judgment justice Kings language latter lives Lord manner means mind moral Moses nature necessary never Note oath object observed original particular pass passage person points practice present principle produce prophet prove Providence Psalm punishment reason receive relation religion rendered represented respect Revelation rule Saviour Scrip Scripture seems sense shew sins speak spirit suffered suppose taken things tion translation true truth unto whole wicked
74. oldal - I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation : and all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing : and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
63. oldal - Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again, He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
265. oldal - For we must all appear before the judgment-seat of Christ ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
215. oldal - Now the just shall live by faith : but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition ; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
243. oldal - Who is the image of the invisible God, the first born of every creature : For by him were all things created that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers, all things were created by him and for him : And he is before all things, and by him all things consist...
328. oldal - And Joshua, and all Israel with him, took Achan the son of Zerah, and the silver, and the garment, and the wedge of gold, and his sons, and his daughters, and his oxen, and his asses, and his sheep, and his tent, and all that he had : and they brought them unto the valley of Achor.
229. oldal - For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
54. oldal - Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God : for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man : but every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
58. oldal - And he said, Go, and tell this people, HEAR ye indeed, but understand not; And see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, And make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes ; Lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.