Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affirm Amorites apostle art thou attention Behold believe blessed blood body brethren called Christian church church of Rome consider creatures death Deists disciples disposition divine doctrine earth endeavour eternal eyes faith Father favour fear felicity give glory gospel hand happiness hath hearers heart heaven hell holy Holy Spirit ideas idolatry infidelity infinite intelligence Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jews judge justice king knowledge libertines ligion live Lord Lord's Lord's Supper mankind manner Matt maxims mean meditation ment mercy Messiah mind miracles misery morality motives nature ness notions objects ourselves passions Paul perfect Peter pleasure preach pretend principle prophecy prophet proposition prove punish reason religion render salvation Satan Saurin Scripture sense sermon sinners sophisms soul speak Spirit Supreme Tertullian thee thine things thought thousand tion truth unto virtue whole wisdom words
62. oldal - Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection? It is as high as heaven; what canst thou do? deeper than hell; what canst thou know? The measure thereof is longer than the earth, and broader than the sea.
251. oldal - Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
50. oldal - Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat...
77. oldal - And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; and also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
70. oldal - For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest: and the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words...
229. oldal - For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
123. oldal - Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because ye build the tombs of the prophets and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, and say, 'If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
xxxvii. oldal - Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection ; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
85. oldal - THUS saith the Lord, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: Where is the house that ye build unto me? And where is the place of my rest ? For all those things hath mine hand made...