Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ancient appeared beds birds Boulder Clay British building called century Chalk Chelmsford Church Clay Club Coal Cole collection Committee common considerable containing Cooke Council course Crouch district doubt early East England Epping Epping Forest Essex evidence exhibited existence fact feet Field Field Club Forest further give given gravel ground Hall hand Harwich held High Hill Holmes Hope illustration interesting John kind known land late later London Measures meeting mentioned miles Museum natural observations obtained occur opinion original passed period plants present probably Prof question recently recorded referred remains remarks result river rocks sand season seen side Society species specimens stone taken trees various visited wood
67. oldal - And the birds in the adjoining grove seemed to have a friendly contention with an echo, whose dead voice seemed to live in a hollow tree, near to the brow of that primrose hill.
190. oldal - host of foot men," one after the other, first marching in ranks, then, turning about in a warlike manner, they changed their form from ranks into squadrons, then into triangles, then into rings, and then " winding out again they joined in battle; twice the Danes had the better, but at the last conflict they were beaten down, overcome, and many of them led captive for triumph by our English women.
168. oldal - To a person uninstructed in natural history, his country or sea-side stroll is a walk through a gallery filled with wonderful works of art, nine-tenths of which have their faces turned to the wall.
127. oldal - He accompanied a pleasure party in a sail upon the river Thames. The boat in which they were was provided with a mast which had a vane at the top of it. It blew a moderate wind, and the party sailed up and down the river for a considerable time. Dr Bradley remarked that every time the boat put about, the vane at the top of the boat's mast shifted a little, as if there had been a slight change in the direction of the wind.
67. oldal - But turn out of the way a little, good Scholar, towards yonder high honeysuckle hedge; there we'll sit and sing whilst this shower falls so gently upon the teeming earth, and gives yet a sweeter smell to the lovely flowers that adorn these verdant meadows. Look, under that broad...
119. oldal - A portion of the silted-up channel of an ancient stream-course was also found in this Romford cutting. Its relations to the Boulder Clay could not be seen, as they were not in contact, but they were alike covered by the oldest gravel belonging to the Thames Valley system. The author...
137. oldal - For the purpose of inquiring into the rate of erosion of the sea-coasts of England and Wales, and the influence of the artificial abstraction of shingle or other material in that action.
46. oldal - ... the upper end like a Y- Peel off the rind, and dry it in a moderate heat, then steep it in the juice of wake-robin or nightshade, and cut the single lower end sharp; and where you suppose any rich mine or...