Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts affections appear authority beauty become behold believe Bishop blessed body bring cause cease Christ Christian church comfort coming commanded consequence continue conversion darkness dead death desire destroyed destruction divine duty earth enemies evil faith Father fear fire flesh give glory God's godly gospel grace hand hath heart heaven holy honour hope human increase Isaiah Jesus John judgment king kingdom knowledge land light live look Lord means mind moral nature never Note observed once pass peace period persons Popery prayer present promise Protestant reason received religion repentance rest righteousness salvation Saviour Scripture sins soul speak Spirit stand suffer Surely thee things thou tion true truth turned universal unto walk waters whole
157. oldal - Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing. The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together . against the Lord, and against his Anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
32. oldal - Take but degree away, untune that string. And hark, what discord follows! each thing meets In mere oppugnancy: the bounded waters Should lift their bosoms higher than the shores, And make a sop of all this solid globe: Strength should be lord of imbecility, And the rude son should strike his father dead: Force should be right; or, rather, right and wrong, (Between whose endless jar justice resides) Should lose their names, and so should justice too.
167. oldal - Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. And he shall be for a sanctuary...
116. oldal - If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is proud, knowing nothing...
262. oldal - Happy art thou, O Israel : who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency ! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee ; and thou shalt tread upon their high places.
340. oldal - Thou art the source and centre of all minds, Their only point of rest, eternal Word ! From thee departing they are lost, and rove At random without honour, hope, or peace. From thee is all that soothes the life of man, His high endeavour, and his glad success, His strength to suffer, and his will to serve.
168. oldal - And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; And they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: And all flesh shall know that I the Lord am thy Saviour And thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
195. oldal - Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.