Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
24th Foot 2nd Lieut appointed April army arrived Asst Bank Bank of Madras batt battery Bengal Bombay Brev brig brigade British Calcutta camp Campbell Capt cavalry cent Ceylon Charles Chenab Chillianwallah China coll command Commander-in-Chief corps Court of Directors detach ditto Dragoons duty East-India Company East-India House enemy enemy's Europe European exam Ferozepore force furl Government Governor-General Governor-General of India guns Hindustani honour horse artillery India Indian Navy infantry James John join lady Lahore late Leadenhall Street London Lord Gough Madras Major March March 13 Mauritius Meerut Messrs military Mooltan N.I. passed native officers overland Peshawur proprietors Punjab Rajah Ramnuggur rank regiment regt reside Sattara Scinde servant ship Sikh steamer surg tion treaty troops Whish wife William wounded
221. oldal - LANGUAGE, with Exercises on its more Prominent Peculiarities, together with a Selection of Useful Phrases, Dialogues, and Subjects for Translation into Persian. PART II. — A...
184. oldal - I thank you for the honour you have done me in drinking my health, and beg to drink all yours in return.
126. oldal - Compiled chiefly from surveys executed by order of the Government of India. On six sheets — size, 5 ft. 3 in. wide ; 5 ft. 4 in. high, £2 ; or, on cloth, in case, £2 12s.
199. oldal - I have the honour to report, for the information " of his Excellency the Commander-in-Chief, that I had " yesterday an affair with the enemy at a village called 1857.
279. oldal - The result of our deliberation is, that, concurring with you in opinion, we are fully satisfied that by the general law and custom of India, a dependent principality like that of Sattura cannot pass to an adopted heir without the consent of the paramount power; that we are under no pledge, direct or constructive, to give such consent, and that the general interests committed to our charge are best consulted by withholding it.
292. oldal - The Government of India formerly declared that it desired no further conquest; and it proved by its acts, the sincerity of its professions. The Government of India has no desire for conquest now ; but it is bound in its duty to provide fully for its own security, and to guard the interests of those committed to its charge.
228. oldal - The ranks of the enemy broken, their position carried, their guns, ammunition, camp equipage, and baggage captured, their flying masses driven before the victorious pursuers from mid-day to dusk, receiving most severe punishment in their flight...
31. oldal - ... and other cutaneous visitations. The radiant bloom it imparts to the cheek, the softness and delicacy which it induces of the hands and arms, its capability of soothing irritation, and removing cutaneous defects, render it indispensable to every toilet.