Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able Admiral answer appear arms army arrived Austria believe called cause character charge Chief circumstances command Commons conduct consequence consideration considered continued course court danger dated desire directed duty effect Emperor enemy England Europe evidence expected expressed fact feel fleet force France French friends give given hands honour hope House importance interest Italy justice King land least less letter Lord Melville Majesty Majesty's manner means measures ment mind minister nature naval Navy necessary never object observed obtained occasion officers opinion parliament party passed peace persons Pitt political port possession present Prince principles produce reader reason received respect Russia sent ships taken thing tion troops victory whole wish writers
731. oldal - His plan of defence was as well conceived and as original as the plan of attack. He formed the fleet in a double line, every alternate ship being about a cable's length to windward of her second ahead and astern. Nelson, certain of a triumphant issue to the day, asked Blackwood what he should consider as a victory.
637. oldal - Parliament, do pray that it may be declared and enacted that all and singular the rights and liberties asserted and claimed in the said declaration are the true, ancient and indubitable rights and liberties of the people of this Kingdom...
733. oldal - Euryalus, October 22, 1805. The ever-to-be-lamented death of Lord Viscount Nelson, Duke of Bronte, the Commander-in-chief, who fell in the action of the 21st, in the arms of Victory, covered with glory, — whose memory will be ever dear to the British Navy and the British Nation, whose zeal for the honour of his King, and for the interest of his Country, will be ever held up as a shining example for a British seaman...
483. oldal - God forbid I should forget it. O illustrious disgrace ! O victorious defeat ! may your memorial be fresh and new to the latest generations ! May the day of that generous conflict be stamped in characters never to be cancelled or worn out from the records of time...
191. oldal - They are now in sight to windward ; and when I have secured the captured ships, and put the squadron to rights, I shall endeavour to avail myself of any opportunity that may offer to give you some further account of these combined squadrons.
731. oldal - After such a Victory it may appear unnecessary to enter into encomiums on the particular parts taken by the several Commanders; the conclusion says more on the subject than I have language to express; the spirit which animated all was the same: when all exert themselves zealously in their country's service, all deserve that their high merits should stand recorded; and never was high merit more conspicuous than in the battle I have described.
731. oldal - Commander-in-chief, immediately made the signal for the fleet to bear up in two columns, as they are formed in order of sailing; a mode of attack his Lordship had previously directed, to avoid the inconvenience and delay in forming a line of battle in the usual manner. The...
837. oldal - But, Sir, you surrendered yourself to me, and it was in consideration only of the state of your wound, that you were not removed into my Ship. I could not disturb the repose of a man supposed to be in his last moments ; but your Sword, the emblem of your service, was delivered to me by your Captain, and I expect that you consider yourself a Prisoner of War, until you shall be regularly exchanged by Cartel.