The Order for the Visitation of the Sick, from the Book of Common Prayer; Interspersed with Prayers, Exhortations and Inerrogatories, Taken from Different Authors: Together with Some Observations and Directions which May be Useful Towards a Due Performance of that Important Duty; Designed for the Four First Visits
F.C. and J. Rivington, 1807 - 148 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Order for the Visitation of the Sick, from the Book of Common Prayer ...
William Jones,Richard Mant,Church of England
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
The Order for the Visitation of the Sick, From the Book of Common Prayer ...
William Jones,Richard Mant,Church of England
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
able Address Almighty Amen answer assist attend authority begin behold believe blessed blood body Brethren called chief priests Christian Church comfort command concluded consider continue dead death delivered desire disciples duty earth enemies Exhortation faith Father fear forgive former Friend give given glory God's grace grant hands hast hear heart heaven holy hope Jesus Christ Jews join judge King lead leave Lectures live Lord manner Master means mercy mind Minister never observed offer Office Order pardon particular pass peace Peter Pilate pray Prayer present question receive recommended remember repentance Sacrament sake Saviour season sent servant short Sick Person sinner sins soul spirit suffer sure taken temple thee things thou thought tion took trust unto Visits week whole
187. oldal - Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly, and tell His disciples that He is risen from the dead ; and, behold, He goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see Him: lo, I have told you.
78. oldal - WE humbly beseech thee, O Father, mercifully to look upon our infirmities ; and for the glory of thy Name turn from us all those evils that we most righteously have deserved ; and grant, that in all our troubles we may put our whole trust and confidence in thy mercy, and evermore serve thee in holiness and pureness of living, to thy honour and glory ; through our only Mediator and Advocate, Jesus Christ our Lord.
16. oldal - Remember not, Lord, our offences, nor the offences of our forefathers ; neither take thou vengeance of our sins : spare us, good Lord, spare thy people, whom thou hast redeemed with thy most precious blood, and be not angry with us for ever.
62. oldal - God, who, according to the multitude of thy mercies, dost so put away the sins of those who truly repent, that thou rememberest them no more ; Open thine eye of mercy upon this thy servant, who most earnestly desireth pardon and forgiveness. Renew in him, most loving Father, whatsoever hath been decayed by the fraud and malice of the devil, or by his own carnal will and frailness...
120. oldal - And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many, for the remission of sins.
20. oldal - Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; that he rose again the third day; that he ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; and from thence shall come again at the end of the world, to judge the quick and the dead?
61. oldal - Our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath left power to his Church to absolve all sinners who truly repent and believe in Him...
113. oldal - I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.
77. oldal - HEAR us, Almighty and most merciful GOD and Saviour : Extend thy accustomed goodness to this thy servant, who is grieved with sickness. Sanctify, we beseech thee, this thy fatherly correction to him ; that the sense of his weakness may add strength to his faith, and seriousness to his repentance...
129. oldal - ... of the flesh or the wiles of Satan, being purged and done away, it may be presented pure and without spot before thee. And teach us who survive, in this and other like daily spectacles of mortality, to see how frail and uncertain our own condition is, and so to number our days, that we may seriously apply our hearts to that holy and heavenly wisdom, whilst we live here, which may in the end bring us to life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ thine only Son our Lord. Amen.