Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
answer apostles appear authority beauty become believe better Bible blessed called character Christ Christian church circulation command contained copies darkness death delight divine duty early earth Edition enjoyed evidence example faith Father feel give given glory God's gospel grace hand happiness hath heart heaven Holy hope human inspired instruction Isaiah Jesus keep kind knowledge land language light live Lord meaning memory mind miracles mysteries nature never obey original parents peace period person possess prayer present printed proof prophecies prophet reason receive refer remember rule says Scrip Scripture sense sent Society sometimes speak Spirit Testament things thou thought tion translated true truth understand understood unto word written young friends yourselves youth
29. oldal - Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
105. oldal - For He established a testimony in Jacob, And appointed a law in Israel, Which He commanded our fathers, That they should make them known to their children : That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born ; Who should arise and declare them to their children : That they might set their hope in God, And not forget the works of God, But keep His commandments...
29. oldal - When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us: and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are...
122. oldal - For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
86. oldal - Remember thee? Ay, thou poor ghost, while memory holds a seat In this distracted globe. Remember thee? Yea, from the table of my memory I'll wipe away all trivial fond records, All saws of books, all forms, all pressures past, That youth and observation copied there; And. thy commandment all alone shall live Within the book and volume of my brain, Unmix'd with baser matter: yes, by heaven.
107. oldal - Heaven doth with us as we with torches do, Not light them for themselves ; for if our virtues Did not go forth of us, 'twere all alike As if we had them not.
118. oldal - One song employs all nations ; and all cry, " Worthy the Lamb, for he was slain for us !" The dwellers in the vales and on the rocks Shout to each other, and the mountain tops From distant mountains catch the flying joy ; Till, nation after nation taught the strain, Earth rolls the rapturous hosanna round.
59. oldal - The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream : and he that hath my word let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat ? saith the Lord. Is not my word like as a fire ? saith the Lord ; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces ? Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the Lord, that steal my words, every one from his neighbour.
78. oldal - And I said, This is my infirmity : but I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High. I will remember the works of the LORD : surely I will remember thy wonders of old.
32. oldal - And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with : but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give ; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.