King Josiah of Judah: The Lost Messiah of Israel
Oxford University Press, 2001. márc. 8. - 368 oldal
King Josiah of Judah is a figure of extraordinary importance for the history of Israel. Using synchronic and diachronic analyses of the Deuteronomistic History, Deuteronomy, and selected prophetic books, Marvin Sweeney reconstructs the ideological perspectives of King Josiah's program of religious and national restoration.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
actions altar announcement appears argues Assyrian attempts authority Babylonian basic basis begins Beth-El calls cause central century clear clearly commands constitutes covenant David death demonstrates destroy destruction Deuteronomy discussion DtrH earlier edition Egypt employs establish evident evil example exile final formula Habakkuk Hezekiah History Hosea identified indicates initial instruction interest introduced Isaiah Israel Israel and Judah Israelite issue Jeremiah Jeroboam Jerusalem Joshua Josiah Judah Judean Judges kingdom of Israel Kings land later Levitical likewise literary major Manasseh material means Micah monarch Moses Nahum narrative concerning northern kingdom noted oracle overall period plays points portrays present present form problems promise prophet provides punishment redaction reference reform reign relation restoration result role rule scholars serves setting Solomon speech statement structure Temple theme tion Torah tradition tribes Verses YHWH YHWH's
xv. oldal - JAOS Journal of the American Oriental Society JBL Journal of Biblical Literature...
75. oldal - And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to the LORD with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses ; neither after him arose there any like him.
210. oldal - Sabbath day, to do no work therein ; then shall there enter into the gates of this city kings and princes sitting upon the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they, and their princes, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem : and this city shall remain for ever.
xv. oldal - JSOT Journal for the Study of the Old Testament JSOTSup Journal for the Study of the Old Testament — Supplement Series...
276. oldal - THE words of Amos, who was among the herdmen of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash king of Israel, two years before the earthquake.
84. oldal - And the Lord rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight.
xiv. oldal - BWANT Beitrage zur Wissenschaft vom Alten und Neuen Testament BZ Biblische Zeitschrift BZAW Beihefte zur Zeitschrift fur die Alttestamentliche Wissenschaft CAD AL Oppenheim et al.
210. oldal - Thus says the LORD: Do justice and righteousness, and deliver from the hand of the oppressor him who has been robbed. And do no wrong or violence to the alien, the fatherless, and the widow, nor shed innocent blood in this place.