A System of Christian Theology: Containing an Explanation of the Doctrines, Duties, and Precepts, of the Christian Religion. By the Rev. Robert Woodward, ...
T. Dicey and Company, 1791 - 211 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according againſt Almighty alſo angels apoſtle appears becauſe believe benefits bleſſings body called cauſe chapter charity Chriſt Chriſtian comfort command concerning condition conſider continually death deſire devil directs divine duty earth enjoined eternal evil faith Father favour fins firſt future give glory God's goſpel hand happineſs happy hath heart heaven heavenly himſelf Holy Ghoſt Holy Spirit hope human joys judgment laſt light live Lord mankind manner means mind moſt muſt nature neceſſary neighbour object obſerve ourſelves peace perform perſon piety pleaſe pleaſures poor praiſe prayer precepts prepared preſent preſervation promiſes providence reaſon receive religion repentance requires reſurrection revelation reward ſaid ſalvation ſame Saviour ſays ſcriptures ſee ſenſe ſhall ſhew ſhould ſin ſome ſoul Spirit ſtate ſuch theſe things thoſe thought tion true truth unto uſe verſe virtue whoſe wicked worſhip
78. oldal - And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
174. oldal - Then shall an oath of the LORD be between them both, that he hath not put his hand unto his neighbour's goods; and the owner of it shall accept thereof, and he shall not make it good.
86. oldal - But the Paraclete, the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and bring all things to your mind whatsoever I shall have said to you.
30. oldal - I will ransom them from the power of the grave ; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: Repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.
67. oldal - Whither fhall I go from thy fpirit, or whither fhall I flee from thy prefence ? If I afcend up into heaven, thou art there ; if I make my bed in hell, behold thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermoft parts of the fea, even there fhall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand fhall hold me.
17. oldal - I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made : marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
99. oldal - Godliness is profitable unto all things, having the promise of the life that now is. What has the dark, morbid, unhappy sensualist to do with it? Godliness hath the promise of the life "that now is," as well as "that which is to come.
139. oldal - Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man to conceive the things that God hath prepared for them that love him ;" and the eternal Father, who dwelleth in light unapproachable, no man hath seen or can see.