A Brother's Portrait; or, Memoirs of the late Rev. W. Barber. Compiled chiefly from his journals and ... correspondence by Aquila Barber ... To which is added, as an appendix, the meorials of his late wife, written by himself
Aquila Barber, 1830 - 510 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able affection affectionate affliction appear attention become believe blessing Brother called cause certainly character Christ Christian Church circumstances confidence consequence considerable continued conversation course danger dear death desire distress Divine doubt duty entirely evidence expected expressed faith Father fear feel felt fully give glory grace hand happy heart Holy hope immediately important impression influence interest Jesus kind labour lately least leave less letter live look Lord manner means meet mind Mother nature never object observe once painful passed perhaps persons pleasure possess possible pray prayer preaching present produce reason received regard religion render respecting salvation seems sister situation sometimes soon soul Spanish spirit success suffering sure thing thou thought tion truth whole wish write
18. oldal - For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.
vii. oldal - Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O Lord, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.
61. oldal - And while the lamp holds out to burn The vilest sinner may return.
191. oldal - And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not ; I will lead them in paths that they have not known : I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.
3. oldal - Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
123. oldal - When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity.
33. oldal - Instead of this, he made me feel The hidden evils of my heart, And let the angry powers of hell Assault my soul in every part.
viii. oldal - So shall my walk be close with God, Calm and serene my frame; So purer light shall mark the road That leads me to the Lamb.