Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admit ancient animals appear Arnold Athanasian Creed believe Bishops Catholic character Christ Christian Teacher.—No Church Church of England common conscience constitution creed death divine doctrine doubt duty earnest ecclesiastical effect England English evidence evil existence expression external fact faith feeling German give Gnostics Gospel Greek Greek mythology heart heaven Hennell holy human idea independent religions influence interest Isocracy Jesus Jews Johannes Ronge labour less living Lord matter means ment mind moral mythi nation nature never object opinions origin party passage peculiar persons philosophy political poor present priests principle Protestantism question racter reason reform relation religion religious Roman Roman Catholic Church Rome rule Schneidemuhl Scripture seems sense sentiments society Socinian soul sovereign society spirit suppose Sydney Smith theological theory things thought tion true truth whole word worship writers
140. oldal - Against revolted multitudes the cause Of truth, in word mightier than they in arms ; And for the testimony of truth hast borne Universal reproach, far worse to bear Than- violence ; for this was all thy care, To stand approved in sight of God, though worlds Judged thee perverse...
616. oldal - How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil ; for God was with him.
509. oldal - Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
395. oldal - If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin : but now they have no cloak for their sin.
133. oldal - Creed, and that which is commonly called the Apostles' Creed, ought thoroughly to be received and believed: for they may be proved by most certain warrants of holy Scripture.
32. oldal - And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light. All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord God.
257. oldal - For poetry was all written before time was, and whenever we are so finely organized that we can penetrate into that region where the air is music, we hear those primal warblings and attempt to write them down, but we lose ever and anon a word or a verse and substitute something of our own, and thus miswrite the poem.
507. oldal - For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.