The Domestic Chaplain: Being Fifty-two Short Lectures, with Appropriate Hymns, on the Most Interesting Subjects, for Every Lord's Day in the Year. Designed for the Improvement of Families of Every Christian Denomination
T. & J. Swords, 1806 - 425 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The Domestic Chaplain: Being Fifty-Two Short Lectures, With Appropriate ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2018
The Domestic Chaplain: Being Fifty-Two Short Lectures, with Appropriate ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
affliction appear assurance attention bear behold believe blessed blood body bones breast bring called cause character Christ Christian Church conversion David dead death desire divine duty earth enjoy equally eternal evidence evil experience express faith Father feel fruit give glory God's Gospel grace hand happy hath hear heart heaven High holy honour hope human HYMN important influence interest Jesus Jesus Christ knowledge language LECTURE light live look Lord means mind moral nature necessary never obedience pass Paul peace perfect person pleasure possess praise prayer precious present produce promise raised receive Redeemer resurrection rich righteousness robe root salvation Saviour Scripture Shepherd sinners sins sorrows soul Spirit sufferings teach thee things thou throne tion true truth unto virtue wish young youth
292. oldal - Thus saith the LORD GOD unto these bones ; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live : And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live ; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
86. oldal - Thou art the source and centre of all minds, Their only point of rest, eternal Word ! From thee departing they are lost, and rove At random without honour, hope, or peace. From thee is all that soothes the life of man, His high endeavour, and his glad success, His strength to suffer, and his will to serve.
96. oldal - I'm constrained to be! Let that grace now, like a fetter, Bind my wandering heart to Thee: Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it, Prone to leave the God I love; Here's my heart, O take and seal it, Seal it for Thy courts above.
162. oldal - Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered Thou sayest that I am a king. ' To this end was I born, and for this cause came, I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
326. oldal - For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. "For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
378. oldal - Bless the LORD, ye his angels, That excel in strength, that do his commandments, Hearkening unto the voice of his word. Bless ye the LORD, all ye his hosts ; Ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.
256. oldal - Each moment draw from earth away my heart, that lowly waits thy call; speak to my inmost soul, and say, 'I am thy Love, thy God, thy All!
249. oldal - Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green ; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
33. oldal - Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment.