Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able American appears arrived body British called cause character common conduct consequence considerable continued course court direction duties effect England English equal express fact feel force French give given hand honour hope human hundred idea important increase Indians interest Italy kind king known labour land language late learning less letter light living lord manner means measure ment mind moral nature never object observed officers opinion original party passed perhaps period persons political possession present probably produced published reason received remained remarkable rendered respect seems seen side situation society soon success taken thing thought tion United whites whole writing
221. oldal - Methinks I see in my mind a noble and puissant nation rousing herself like a strong man after sleep, and shaking her invincible locks : methinks I see her as an eagle mewing her mighty youth, and kindling her undazzled eyes at the full midday beam ; purging and unsealing her...
136. oldal - LAWS of this government, to the great end of all government, viz: to support power in reverence with the people, and to secure the people from the abuse of power; that they may be free by their just obedience, and the magistrates honourable for their just administration: for liberty without obedience is confusion, and obedience without liberty is slavery.
330. oldal - To them his heart, his love, his griefs were given, But all his serious thoughts had rest in Heaven. As some tall cliff, that lifts its awful form, Swells from the vale and midway leaves the storm, Though round its breast the rolling clouds are spread, Eternal sunshine settles on its head.
517. oldal - The Pennsylvania Society for Promoting the Abolition of Slavery, and for the Relief of Free Negroes Unlawfully held in Bondage, and for Improving the Condition of the African Race," incorporated by Act of Assembly passed the 8th day of December, AD 1789, of which Dr.
403. oldal - And soon again shall music swell the breeze ; Soon, issuing forth, shall glitter through the trees Vestures of nuptial white; and hymns be sung, And violets scattered round ; and old and young, In every...
494. oldal - We found it difficult to form an idea of this extraordinary manner of fishing; but we soon saw our guides return from the savannah, which they had been scouring for wild horses and mules. They brought about thirty with them, which they forced to enter the pool. ' The extraordinary noise caused by the horses' hoofs, makes the fish issue from the mud, and excites them to combat.
88. oldal - God with his hands unjoyn'd ; and a little after, whilst in greate agonie, whether he should not offend God by using his holy name so often calling for ease. What shall I say of his frequent pathetical ejaculations utter'd of himselfe ; Sweete Jesus save me, deliver me, pardon my sinns, let thine angels receive me!
103. oldal - Constitution, we have thought it proper at this point to leave every sect to provide, as they think fittest, the means of further instruction in their own peculiar tenets.
272. oldal - The country rings around with loud alarms, And raw in fields the rude militia swarms; Mouths without hands; maintained at vast expense, In peace a charge, in war a weak defence; Stout once a month they march, a blustering band, And ever, but in times of need, at hand...