Statutes at Large ...: (37 v.) A collection of the public general statutes, 1833-1869
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
Account aforesaid allowed alter amend Amount apply appointed Authority Bank Bills Board cause Certificate Chapter Charge Commissioners committed Commons Company Consent contained convicted Council County Court Creditors Day of March Debt deemed direct Discretion District Duties enacted England entitled Execution Expenses Felony force Form Fund given Governor granted guilty Harbour Hard Labour hereby High House hundred and sixty-two imprisoned Intent Interest Ireland issued Justice Lands lawful less liable Lord Majesty Majesty's Manner March Marine Matter Meeting Member ment mentioned Months Name Notice Offence Officer Order otherwise paid Parish Parliament passed Payment Peace Penal Servitude Penalty Period Person Place Pounds Power present Prison Proceedings Property Public Punishment Rates receive Regulations relating respect Road Schedule School Scotland Secretary Service Session Shillings Ship Sum or Sums Sums of Money taken Term not exceeding therein thereof thousand eight hundred Three tion Transfer Trustees Vict whereas whole Whosoever
101. oldal - ... a certificate containing the substance and effect only (omitting the formal part) of the indictment and conviction for such offence, purporting to be signed by the clerk of the Court, or other officer having the custody of the records of the Court where the offender was convicted, or by the deputy of such clerk or officer...
681. oldal - means the Act of the session of the eleventh and twelfth years of the reign of Her present Majesty, chapter forty-three, intituled " An Act to facilitate the performance of the duties of justices of the peace out of sessions within England and Wales, with respect to summary convictions and orders...
501. oldal - ... conditioned personally to appear at the said sessions and to try such appeal, and to abide the judgment of the court thereupon, and to pay such costs as shall be by the court awarded...
19. oldal - WHEREAS the raising or keeping a standing Army within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, in Time of Peace, unless it be with the Consent of Parliament, is against Law...
339. oldal - I, AB, do solemnly, sincerely, and truly affirm and declare, that the taking of any oath is, according to my religious belief, unlawful ; and I do also solemnly, sincerely, CH. XXI. and truly affirm and declare,
577. oldal - ... whosoever, with intent to procure the miscarriage of any woman, whether she be, or be not with child, shall unlawfully administer to her, or cause to be taken by her, any poison or other noxious thing, or shall unlawfully use any instrument or other means whatsoever, with the like intent, shall be guilty of felony...
133. oldal - Wales in any ship, for damage done to the goods or any part thereof by the negligence or misconduct of or for any breach of duty or breach of contract on the part of the owner, master, or crew of the ship, unless it is shown to the satisfaction of the Court that at the time of the institution of the cause any owner or part owner of the ship is domiciled in England or Wales...
504. oldal - ... conviction, without proof of the signature or official character of the person appearing to have signed the same.
738. oldal - An Act to defray the Charge of the Pay, Clothing, and contingent and other Expenses of the Disembodied Militia in Great Britain and Ireland; to grant Allowances in certain Cases to Subaltern Officers, Adjutants, Paymasters, Quartermasters, Surgeons, Assistant Surgeons, Surgeons' Mates, and Serjeant Majors of the Militia ; and to authorize the Employment of the Non-commissioned Officers.
527. oldal - Demurrer or otherwise, Judgment shall be given against the Plaintiff, the Defendant shall recover his full Costs as between Attorney and Client, and have the like Remedy for the same as any Defendant hath by Law in other Cases...