Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
actions appear become believe better blessed boards called cause character charity Christ Christian common conduct considered creatures crimes danger death difficult duty earth enjoy eternal evil exercise existence eyes fear feelings fellow give gospel greater greatest habit hand happiness hear heart Heaven human ignorance imagination importance judge justice kind knowledge labour less light lives look mankind mean meekness mind misery moral nature never notion object observe opinion ourselves pain parents passions perhaps period pleasure poor possible practical present principles reason religion religious remember repentance respect rich righteousness Sabbath Saviour sense SERMON society sorrow soul speak spirit suffer sure talents teach thing thou thought tion true truth turn vice virtue wisdom wise young youth
92. oldal - Nineveh, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat in ashes. And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Nineveh by the decree of the king and his nobles, saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste any thing : let them not feed, nor drink water: but let man and beast be covered with sackcloth.
408. oldal - And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
243. oldal - And behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, and stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
403. oldal - But all that heard him were amazed, and said ; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests ? But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
320. oldal - Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.
320. oldal - He bowed the heavens also, and came down : and darkness was under His feet. And He rode upon a cherub, and did fly : yea, He did fly upon the wings of the wind. He made darkness His secret place ; His pavilion round about Him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
405. oldal - I am verily a man which am a Jew, born in Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, yet brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect manner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous toward God, as ye all are this day.
244. oldal - Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head. Thou gavest me no kiss; but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet. My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment. Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth...