Life Understood: From a Scientific and Religious Point of View
Cosimo, Inc., 2007. márc. 1. - 452 oldal
Though he made his fortune pioneering practical uses for electricity, Frederick Lawson was also an active and vocal adherent of New Thought philosophies, early "New Age" thinking that promoted the belief in "mind over matter" and in the concept that godly powers could be found within us all. This classic book-first published in 1912 and the textbook of the organization Lawson founded, the Society for Spreading the Knowledge of True Prayer-explores the new realms of human experience New Thought thinking was uncovering, including: . Unaccounted-for human capacity and animal wonders . Hell as an individual state of human consciousness . New truths "hateful to the sluggard" . Proof of our knowledge of Heaven . Constant conscious communion with God . The value of prophecy . Instantaneous healing . The collective force of foolish beliefs . And much, much more. British engineer, businessman, and author FREDERICK LAWRENCE RAWSON (1859-1923) also wrote How to Bring About Permanent Peace (1916), Secret of Divine Protection (1918) and Nature of True Prayer (1920).
FALSE DIVISION OF
BIRTH ITS MYSTERY SOLVED
There is Nothing but God
From the Scientific Point
absolute action appear belief Bible body called cause Christ Christian Science Christian Science Sentinel cinematographic cure death demonstration destroyed disappear disease divine earth eternal ethereal evil evolution existence fact false consciousness false mentality Gautama Buddha God's hath healing heaven holy human consciousness human mind hypnotism ideas ignorance individual infinite instance Jacob Boehme Jesus John knowledge Lao-Tze lines of force living Lord manifestation Mary Baker Eddy material world Matt matter merely method miracles of Jesus mortal nature never obtained Paracelsus perfect person phenomena philosophy Plato pray prayer Principle Professor realisation recognised says Science and Health scientific seen sense sickness Sir Oliver Lodge so-called mind soul speak spiritual spiritual reality teachings thee Theologia Germanica theory things thinkers thou trouble true truth turning in thought understanding universe unto verse vibration words writes wrong thoughts
384. oldal - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
64. oldal - In the distant future I see open fields for far more important researches. Psychology will be based on a new foundation, that of the necessary acquirement of each mental power and capacity by gradation. Light will be thrown on the origin of man and his history.
93. oldal - For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
53. oldal - Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is a householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.
31. oldal - He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
141. oldal - Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes ; and some of them ye shall kill and crucify ; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city...
215. oldal - For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he saith.
35. oldal - And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people ; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
171. oldal - And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers; unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come.
395. oldal - For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.