The rule of faith, a sermon. [With] Appendix, containing an examination of certain popular objections, and further proofs of the statements advanced
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
according Acts admit ages agreement ancient answer antiquity Apostles attested authority baptism beginning believe Bishop body called canon Catholic Catholic Church century chap Chillingworth Christ Christian Church of England Church of Rome clear common consent contained council Creed delivered divine doctrine doubt early Epistles error established evidence expressed external fact Fathers fixed give given Gospel hand hath heaven heresy heretics Holy Ghost Holy Scripture infallibility inspiration interpretation Jesus judge judgment knowledge learned living Lord matter means mind nature necessary objection once oral preaching ordained original particular passages Paul perfect plain points preaching present primitive principle proof Protestant proved quoted reason received reject rest revelation Roman rule of faith salvation Scrip sense speak Spirit substance sufficient teaching testimony things tion true truth universal tradition unto whole witness writings written
135. oldal - I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
23. oldal - Holy Scripture containeth all things necessary to salvation : so that whatsoever is not read therein, nor may be proved thereby, is not to be required of any man, that it should be believed as an article of faith, or be thought requisite or necessary to salvation.
27. oldal - FORASMUCH as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word ; it seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, that thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.
68. oldal - God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father; by whom all things were made...
65. oldal - And, without controversy, great is the mystery of godliness : God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory — 1 Tim.
41. oldal - And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
48. oldal - But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you : but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
44. oldal - Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.