Random Shots and Southern Breezes: Containing Critical Remarks on the Southern States and Southern Institutions, with Semi-serious Observations on Men and Manners, 2. kötet
Harper and brothers, 1842
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admiration American amusement ancient appearance attempt beauty Carnival character Charles Anthon Charleston Church Clytemnestra colour critic delight drama dress Edited eloquence England English Engravings everything excitement fact fancy Fanny Elssler favour feelings gaze genius gentleman give Grand Greek heart HISTORY honour human Humphrey Prideaux ical idea iEschylus imagination interest James James Renwick Jared Sparks John John Abercrombie kind knowledge labour lady less literary literature LL.D look Lord Byron manner matter ment mind modern moral nature ness never New-Orleans New-York observation once opinion persons philosopher Pindar political Portrait possesses present principle reader religion remarkable Richmond Savannah scarcely scene seems Shylock society Sophocles spirit stagecoach Sullivan's Island theatre thing tion town TRAVELS truth ture uncon University of Gottingen vols William wisdom write
233. oldal - The History of Modern Europe : with a View of the Progress of Society, from the Rise of the Modern Kingdoms to the Peace of Paris, in 1763.
243. oldal - Sacred History of the World, as displayed in the Creation and Subsequent Events to the Deluge. Attempted to be Philosophically considered in a Series of Letters to a Son. By Sharon Turner, FSA 3 vois.
154. oldal - In thoughts from the visions of the night, When deep sleep falleth on men, Fear came upon me, and trembling, Which made all my bones to shake. Then a spirit passed before my face; The hair of my flesh stood up...
231. oldal - Commentaries on the Gallic War, and the First Book of the Greek Paraphrase ; with English Notes, critical and explanatory, Plans of Battles, Sieges, &c., and Historical, Geographical, and Archaeological Indexes.
241. oldal - THE NARRATIVE OF ARTHUR GORDON PYM of Nantucket. Comprising the Details of a Mutiny and atrocious Butchery on board the American Brig Grampus, on her way to the South Seas, in the Month of June, 1827.
243. oldal - A History of the Church, from the earliest Ages to the Reformation.
243. oldal - Astronomy and General Physics, considered with reference to Natural Theology. By the Rev. WILLIAM WHEWELL, MA, FRS, Fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge. IV. The Hand ; its Mechanism and vital Endowments as evincing • design.
231. oldal - Sallust's Jugurthine War and Conspiracy of Catiline. With an English Commentary, and Geographical and Historical Indexes. New Edition, corrected and enlarged.