Sermons on Various Subjects, Evangelical, Devotional and Practical: Adapted to the Promotion of Christian Piety, Family Religion, and Youthful Virtue, 4. kötet
by Isaiah Thomas, Jun.; Sold at his respective bookstores in Boston and Worcester., 1810
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Apostle apply attend believe benevolence blessings body bring called cause character Christ Christians church concerning corrupt cost danger death desire direct divine duty earth effect enemies evidence evil exercises existence faith Father fear feel fire former friends future give given glorify glory God's gospel grace hand happiness hath hear heart heaven holy hope human important influence instruction Jesus kind live Lord manner means mind misery moral nature ness never observation offer ourselves peace poor pray prayer present promise prophet providence punishment reason receive regard rejoice relation religion repentance respect righteous salvation Savior says scripture seek shew short sinners sins soul speak spirit teaches thee things thou thoughts tion tongue true truth turn unto vice virtue wicked wisdom worship
47. oldal - As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. " If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever.
20. oldal - If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father: and he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole world,
367. oldal - Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.
52. oldal - Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
172. oldal - And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
249. oldal - I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; "Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke; turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.
366. oldal - And they said one to another, We are verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear; therefore is this distress come upon us.
198. oldal - I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.