Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
American British canal cent century China Chinese church civilized claims Commission Congress Conservatism Constitution course Court Cuba demand Democratic Democratic party election England English existence fact foreign France German Government Grange hand honor House important increase industry influence institutions interest Italy Jeffersonian Democracy labor leaders legislation less Liberal Liberal party literature Manchuria Manila manufacturing matter ment metric system miles military monopoly nation National Grange nature Negro Nicaragua Canal organization party Philippines political popular population possible practical present President Prince principles Prof question railway reason religious representatives Republican result rivers Russia secure Senate sheep social South Spain square mile student Tammany Tammany Hall territory thing tion to-day trade traffic treaty United United Kingdom wages writer York
749. oldal - Our revels now are ended... These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits, and Are melted into air, into thin air, And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind: we are such stuff As dreams are made on; and our little life Is rounded with a sleep..
75. oldal - You can fool all of the people some of the time; and some of the people all of the time...
534. oldal - Louisiana, with the same extent that it now has in the hands of Spain, and that it had when France possessed it ; and such as it should be after the treaties subsequently entered into between Spain and other States...
399. oldal - Swift as the radiant shapes of sleep From one whose dreams are Paradise Fly, when the fond wretch wakes to weep, And day peers forth with her blank eyes ; So fleet, so faint, so fair, The Powers of earth and air Fled from the...
548. oldal - religion " has reference to one's views of his relations to his Creator, and to the obligations they impose ,of reverence for his being and character, and of obedience to his will.
535. oldal - States a strong proof of his friendship, doth hereby cede to the said United States, in the name of the French Republic, forever and in full sovereignty, the said territory, with all its rights and appurtenances, as fully and in the same manner as they have been acquired by the French Republic, in virtue of the above-mentioned treaty, concluded with His Catholic Majesty.
401. oldal - That the United States hereby disclaims any disposition or intention to exercise sovereignty, jurisdiction, or control over said island, except for the pacification thereof, and asserts its determination when that is completed to leave the government and control of the island to its people.
454. oldal - The smith, a mighty man is he, With large and sinewy hands ; And the muscles of his brawny arms Are strong as iron bands. His hair is crisp, and black, and long, His face is like the tan ; His brow is wet with honest sweat, He earns whate'er he can, And looks the whole world in the face, For he owes not any man.
454. oldal - But low of cattle and song of birds, And health and quiet and loving words." But he thought of his sisters proud and cold, And his mother vain of her rank and gold. So, closing his heart, the Judge rode on, And Maud was left in the field alone.