Manual of Public Health for Ireland
Fannin, 1875 - 336 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
according acid allowed amount annual appear average becomes births bodies carbonic causes cent CHAPTER cholera common considerable containing death-rate deaths determine direct disease district Dublin duties easily effect England enteric epidemic especially excess expenses fact fever give given Government Board Health hospital important impurities increase infected influence Ireland land lead less liquid litre living London male matter mean measures Medical Officer months mortality nature necessary nuisance observed Officer period persons population powers prevent probably produced proportion pure quarter Quetelet regard regulations relation removal Report respect Sanitary Authority sewage sewer shown solution statistics Table taken temperature tion towns typhus United usually various wards water supply week weight winter xvii zymotic
30. oldal - ... and render to him such information as he may be able to furnish with respect to any matter to which the duties of inspector of nuisances relate. " (13.) He shall, if directed by the sanitary authority to do so, superintend and see to the due execution of all works which may be undertaken under their direction for the suppression or removal of nuisances within the district. "(14.) In matters not specifically provided for in this order, he shall observe and execute all the lawful orders and directions...
29. oldal - Authority, he shall himself inspect and examine any animal, carcase, meat, poultry, game, flesh, fish, fruit, vegetables, corn, bread, or flour, exposed for sale...
17. oldal - Bill confirming any such Order is pending in either House of Parliament, a petition is presented against any...
27. oldal - Nuisances may at all reasonable times inspect and examine any animal carcase, meat, poultry, game, flesh, fish, fruit, vegetables, corn, bread, flour, or milk exposed for sale, or deposited in any place for the purpose of sale, or of preparation for sale, and intended for the food of man...
28. oldal - Board. (2.) He shall attend all meetings of the Sanitary Authority when so required. (3.) He shall by inspection of the district, both systematically at certain periods, and at intervals as occasion may require, keep himself informed in respect of the nuisances existing therein that require abatement under the Sanitary Acts.
29. oldal - On receiving information from the inspector of nuisances that his intervention is required in consequence of the existence of any nuisance injurious to health or of any overcrowding in a house, he shall, as early as practicable take such steps authorised by the statutes in that behalf as the circumstances of the case may justify and require.
14. oldal - any local authority may direct the destruction of any bedding, clothing or other articles which have been exposed to infection from any dangerous infectious disorder, and may give compensation for the same.
29. oldal - ... (5.) He shall report to the sanitary authority any noxious or offensive businesses, trades, or manufactories established within the district, and the breach or non-observance of any bye-laws or regulations made in respect of the same.
27. oldal - He shall enter from day to day, in a book to be provided by the sanitary authority, particulars of his inspections and of the action taken by him in the execution of his duties. He shall also keep a book or books, to be provided by the sanitary authority, so arranged as to form, as far as possible, a continuous record of the sanitary condition of each of the premises in respect of •which any action has been taken under the Sanitary Acts, and shall keep any other systematic records that the sanitary...
26. oldal - ... 2. He shall inquire into and ascertain by such means as are at his disposal the causes, origin, and distribution of diseases within the district, and ascertain to what extent the same have depended on conditions capable of removal or mitigation.