Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Africa animal appeared approach attack Author ball banks bear beast become bird blow boat body bush carried caused close cloth companions continued covered crocodiles danger dead direction distance dogs Duke Edition eggs elephant enemy escape eyes face fact fall fear feet fell female fired flight forest give gorilla hand head heard herd horse hour hunt hunters Illustrations immediately killed kind least leave legs length lion live Livingstone looking male mother natives neck never night noise once ostrich passed path piece present pursued reach relates remained reports returned river roar round rushed says seemed seen seized short shot showed side sight sometimes soon spring taken thought threw took traveller tree trunk turned watch whilst wood wounded yards young
7. oldal - Finds comfort in himself and in his cause; And, while the mortal mist is gathering, draws His breath in confidence of Heaven's applause : This is the happy Warrior; this is He That every Man in arms should wish to be.
8. oldal - Familiar Words. An Index Verborum, or Quotation Handbook. Affording an immediate Reference to Phrases and Sentences that have become embedded in the English language. 3rd and enlarged Edition. 6s. "The most extensive dictionary of quotation we have met with." — Notes and Queries. Essays by Montaigne. Edited and Annotated by the Author of "The Gentle Life.
8. oldal - We should be glad if any words of ours could help to bespeak a large circulation for this handsome attractive book."— Illustrated Times. The Countess of Pembroke's Arcadia. Written by Sir PHILIP SIDNEY. Edited, with Notes. by the Author of "The Gentle Life.
3. oldal - The Publishers' Circular, and General Record of British and Foreign Literature ; giving a transcript of the title-page of every work published in Great Britain, and every work of interest published abroad, with lists of all the publishing houses. Published regularly on the 1st and 15th of every Month, and forwarded post free to all parts of the world on payment of 8s. per annum. The Ladies...
80. oldal - When in the act of ramming down the bullets, I heard a shout. Starting, and looking half round, I saw the lion just in the act of springing upon me. I was upon a little height ; he caught my shoulder as he sprang, and we both came to the ground below together. Growling horribly close to my ear, he shook me as a terrier dog does a rat.
9. oldal - The Silent Hour: Essays, Original and Selected. By the Author of "The Gentle Life.
17. oldal - A Thousand Miles in the Rob Roy Canoe, on Rivers and Lakes of Europe.
11. oldal - Gouff'e. The Royal Cookery Book. By JULES GOUFFE ; translated and adapted for English use by ALPHONSE GOUFFE, Head Pastrycook to her Majesty the Queen. Illustrated with large plates printed in colours. 161 Woodcuts, 8vo, cloth extra, gilt edges, 2/. 2s. Domestic Edition, half-bound, los. 6d. " By far the ablest and most complete work on cookery that has ever been submitted to the gastronomical world.
16. oldal - Plutarch's Lives. An entirely new Library Edition, carefully revised and corrected, with some Original Translations by the Editor. Edited by AH Clough, Esq. sometime Fellow of Oriel College, Oxford, and late Professor of English Language and Literature at University College.
17. oldal - Then the underbrush swayed rapidly just ahead, and presently before us stood an immense male gorilla. He had gone through the jungle on his all-fours; but when he saw our party he erected himself and looked us boldly in the face. He stood about a dozen yards from us, and was a sight I think I shall never forget...