The Parliamentary Election Acts for England & Wales...
W. Clowes & sons, 1885 - 588 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
49 Vict according aforesaid agent allowed amend appeal apply appointed authority ballot boundary burgess candidate city or borough claim contained copy Court day of July deemed deliver described directed divided effect election electors enacted England entitled expenses give given House House of Commons illegal practice included inserted judge justices land list of voters lodgers manner means members to serve mentioned months municipal borough notice objection occupier omitted overseers paid parish or township parliamentary borough passing payment peace person petition place of abode polling polling district poor pounds precept premises present Provided published qualification reason received referred Registration Act relating repealed Representation respect returning officer revising barrister Schedule separate serve in Parliament Sessional Divisions signed sitting situate thereof tion town clerk unless vote voters Ward
510. oldal - ... to give or lend, or shall offer, promise, or promise to procure or to endeavour to procure, any money or valuable consideration, to or for any voter, or to or for any person on behalf of any voter, or to or for any other person, in order to induce any voter to vote, or refrain from voting, or shall corruptly do any such act as aforesaid, on account of such voter having voted or refrained from voting at any election : 2.
470. oldal - Whether corrupt practices have, or whether there is reason to believe that corrupt practices have, extensively prevailed at the election to which the petition relates.
430. oldal - At the time of voting, the ballot paper shall be marked on both sides with an official mark, and delivered to the voter within the polling station, and the number of such voter on the register of voters shall be marked on the counterfoil, and the voter having secretly marked his vote on the paper, and folded it up so as to conceal his vote, shall place it in a closed box in the presence of the officer presiding at the polling station (in this act called "the presiding officer") after having shown...
124. oldal - January 5 then last past, and the overseers shall keep the said list, to be perused by any person, without payment of any fee, at any time between the hours of ten of the clock in the forenoon, and four of the clock in the afternoon...
411. oldal - ... endeavour to procure, any office, place, or employment to or for any voter, or to or for any person on behalf of any voter, or to or for any other person, in order to induce such voter to vote, or refrain from voting, or shall corruptly do any such act as aforesaid, on account of any voter having voted or refrained from voting at any election : 3.
537. oldal - Petition shall be divided into paragraphs, each of which, as nearly as may be, shall be confined to a distinct portion of the subject...
465. oldal - ... use of any force, violence, or restraint, or inflict or threaten to inflict, by himself or by any other person, any temporal or spiritual injury, damage, harm, or loss upon or against any person in order...
23. oldal - April then next preceding: provided also, that no such person shall be so registered in any year unless he shall have resided for six calendar months next previous to the last day of July in such year...
510. oldal - Person who shall advance or pay, or cause to be paid, any Money to or to the Use of any other Person with the Intent that such Money or any Part thereof shall be expended in Bribery at any Election...
437. oldal - ... applies for a ballot paper in the name of some other person, whether that name be that of a person living or dead or of a fictitious person, or who having voted once at any such election applies at the same election for a ballot paper in his own name.