Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
bear began bell better blue body boys cold comes course cried dead dear death door eyes face fact fancy Farewell fear friends gave give gone green hair half hand hard hast head hear heart hope horse human John keep kind Lady land learned leave light live look Lord Master mean mind Miss morning mother never night nose Number once pass Peace play poor round Saint seemed seen short sigh sing sleep soon sort soul stand stone street sure sweet talk tell thee There's thing thou thought took turn walk washing wish write young
28. oldal - Twas papered o'er with studious themes, The tasks I wrote — my present dreams Will never soar so high ! My joys are wingless all and dead ; My dumps are made of more than lead ; My flights soon find a fall ; My fears prevail, my fancies droop, Joy never cometh with a hoop, And seldom with a call...
48. oldal - Even is come ; and from the dark Park, hark, The signal of the setting sun — one gun ! And six is sounding from the chime, prime time To go and see the Drury-Lane Dane slain, — Or hear Othello's jealous doubt spout out, — Or Macbeth raving at that shade-made blade, Denying to his frantic clutch much touch...
28. oldal - s ne'er out of school : My heart is pain'd with scorn and slight, I have too many foes to fight, And friends grown strangely cool ! The very chum that shared my cake Holds out so cold a hand to shake, It makes me shrink and sigh : — On this I will not dwell and hang, — The changeling would not feel a pang Though these should meet his eye ! No skies so blue or so serene As then ; — no leaves look half so green As clothed the playground tree ! All things I loved are alter'd so, Nor does it ease...
64. oldal - s roaring, Peal on peal contending clash ; On our heads fierce rain falls pouring, In our eyes the paddles splash.
29. oldal - Beneath the stroke, and even find Some sugar in the cane ! The Arabian Nights rehearsed in bed ! The Fairy Tales in school-time read, By stealth, 'twixt verb and noun ! The angel form that always walk'd In all my dreams, and look'd and talk'd Exactly like Miss Brown ! The omne bene...
29. oldal - The careless dogs'-ears apt to deck My book and collar both ! How can this formal man be styled Merely an Alexandrine child, A boy of larger growth...
242. oldal - ... No inkling of the way — no notion — " No go " — by land or ocean — No mail — no post — No news from any foreign coast — No park — no ring — no afternoon gentility — No company — no nobility — No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful ease, No comfortable feel in any member — No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees, No fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds November ! LOVE AND LUNACY.
30. oldal - Then home, sweet home ! the crowded coach — The joyous shout — the loud approach — The winding horns like rams' ! The meeting sweet that made me thrill, The sweetmeats almost sweeter still, No
15. oldal - The humble records of my life to search, I have not herded with mere pagan beasts ; But sometimes I have " sat at good men's feasts," And I have been " where bells have knoll'd to church.