Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
abbot able according answered appeared arms army asked Austria authority battle began believe body brought called carried cause Christ Christian Church command cross death desire emperor enemy England English enter Europe face father fear fire force France French Friar friends gave Germany give given ground hand head hear heard heart holy honor hundred Italy king knights known land learned letters lived Lord Louis manner master means mind Napoleon never noble once passed peace person poor present prince reached reason received remain rest returned Russia seen sent side soldiers speak suffered sword taken tell thee things thou thought took true truth turned unto whole wished
276. oldal - Street, like a man spent, with a handkercher about his neck. To the King's message, he cried, like a fainting woman, ' Lord, what can I do ? I am spent ; people will not obey me. I have been pulling down houses ; but the fire overtakes us faster than we can do it.
277. oldal - When we could endure no more upon the water, we to a little ale-house on the Bankside, over against the Three Cranes, and there staid till it was dark almost, and saw the fire grow; and, as it grew darker, appeared more and more, and in corners and upon steeples, and between churches and houses as far as we could see up the hill of the City, in a most horrid malicious bloody flame, not like the fine flame of an ordinary fire.
269. oldal - Lord, though I am a miserable and wretched creature, I am in covenant with Thee through grace. And I may, I will, come to Thee, for Thy people. Thou hast made me, though very unworthy, a mean instrument to do them some good, and Thee service...
264. oldal - He that ventures his life for the liberty of his country, I wish he trust God for the liberty of his conscience, and you for the liberty he fights for.
271. oldal - ... away from a miller and other company that took them for rogues ; his sitting at table at one place, where the master of the house, that had not seen him in eight years, did know him, but kept it private ; when at the same table there was one, that had been of his own regiment at Worcester, could not know him, but made him drink the King's health and said that the King was at least four fingers higher than he.
260. oldal - ... the want of custom. After he was confirmed and invested Protector by The humble petition and advice, he consulted with very few upon any action of importance, nor communicated any enterprise he resolved upon with more than those who were to have principal parts in the execution of it; nor to them sooner than was absolutely necessary.
372. oldal - RELIABLE information has been received by the German Government to the effect that French forces intend to march on the line of the Meuse by Givet and Namur.
265. oldal - I forbade them to spare any that were in arms in the town: and, I think, that night they put to the sword about 2,000 men...
377. oldal - We are now in a state of necessity, and necessity knows no law. Our troops have occupied Luxemburg and perhaps are already on Belgian soil. Gentlemen, that is contrary to the dictates of international law. It is true that the French Government has declared at Brussels that France is willing to respect the neutrality of Belgium, as long as her opponent respects it.