« ElőzőTovább »
12. Therefore prophesy, and say unto them, thus faith the Lord God: Behold, O my People, I will open your Graves, and cause you to come up out of your Graves, and bring you into the Land of Ifrael.
13. And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your Graves, O my People, and brought you up out of your Graves.
14. And shall put my Spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own Land.
Then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it.
See also Daniel xii. 1,
shall be found written in the Book.
2. And many of them that fleep in the Dust of the Earth shall awake; fome to everlasting Life, and some to Shame and everlasting Contempt.
See also Apoc. xx. 40
4. And I saw Thrones, and they sat upon them, and Judgment was given unto them. And I saw the Souls of them that were beheaded for the Witness of Jesus, and for the Word of God, and which had not worshipped the Beast, neither his Image, neither had received his Mark upon their Foreheads, or in their Hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thoufand Years.
5. But the rest of the Dead lived not again until the thousand Years
were finished: This is the first Resurrection.
6. Blessed and holy is he that hath Part in the first Resurrection: On such the second Death hath no Power. But they shall be Priests of God and of Christ; and shall reign with him
a thousand Years. (11.) That the Sun (11.) If these Predicand Moon shall be great- tions do mean no more ly concerned at this Re- than Eclipses of the Sun storation of the Jews. and Moon, such as are
mentioned in my Afronomical Year, and other Calculations, such Eclipses may be efteem'd as partial Completions of these Predictions; but if they imply somewhat more wonderful, as I suspect, their Completion cannot be yet ex
hibited. (12.) That the Igno (12.) This Prediction rance of Mankind in fa- cannot be yet expected cred Matters, hitherto to be fulfilled ; since the so very gross, shall be Time of the Jews Retaken
taken away, upon the storation is not yet fully Restoration of the Jews come. Nor do I depend to Mount Zion.
on the intire Stoppage of our present over-bearing Infidelity till that Re
storation. (13.) That the Isles (13.) I understand and the Ships of Tarshish this Prediction chiefly of shall be first and princi- the British Isles, or perpally concerned in the haps as joining with the Restoration of the Jews. Dutch,
as including the two Maritime Powers, in the Transporting the Jews all along the Mediterranean into Judea. I name these two Maritime Powers only at present, because as to others, the Spaniards, and Portugaese, who lie conveniently enough for assisting in such a Transportation, they, instead of protecting the poor Jews, put them into the Inquisition, and burn them; nay,
our great Ally, the Queen of Hungary, as some of the
latest News informs us, has permitted a Jewish Rabbi to be burnt in the City of Prague, under her Dominion. The Poles also, that might be affifting one Way or other, have bitterly declared their Barbarity against them, by banishing them all at a Day's Warning from Caminiek, as our News affures lis' also. I do not here note the French, who have Ports in the Mediterranean, among these Enemies of the Jews, tho' I cannot yer reckon them
among their Friends; not only because they do not admirof the Inquisition, which would burn them, but because the Prophecie give me some Hopes that chey, as well as the King of Sardinia, the Sovereign of the Vaudois, will ere long leave