Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
absorbed absorption according action ammonia animals appears atom azote bodies branches carbonic acid charcoal chlorine coal colour combination common composed compound consequence considerable considered consists contains continued crystals Ditto effect employed equal examination exist experiments fact feet formation formed functions gases give given grains greater heat hydrogen important inch iodine iron known less light likewise lime liquid manner mass matter means metallic method muriate nature nearly neutral observed obtained organs original oxide oxygen pass perhaps person portion possess potash present principal probably produced properties proportion quantity receiver remained remarkable rent respecting rock roots saline salt separated side similar Society soda solid solution specific substance sufficient sulphuric supposed surface tion tracheæ vessel volume weight whole
374. oldal - All these things considered [that is, the chemical facts he had just recited], it seems probable to me that God in the beginning formed matter in solid, massy, hard, impenetrable, movable particles, of such sizes and figures, and with such other properties and in such proportion to space as most conduced to the end for which He formed them; and that these primitive particles, being solids, are incomparably harder than any porous bodies compounded of them, even so very hard as never to wear or break...
309. oldal - That no apothecary shall be allowed to recover any charges claimed by him in any Court of Law, unless such apothecary shall prove on the trial that he was in practice as an apothecary prior to, or on the said 1st day of August, 1815, or that he has obtained a certificate to practise as an apothecary. That the said Master, Wardens, and Society of Apothecaries...
136. oldal - Result of some recent experiments on the properties impressed upon light by the action of glass raised to different temperatures and cooled under different circumstances.
321. oldal - ... he has taken the utmost pains to arrive at the truth, yet he has not that confidence in his abilities as an experimentalist as to induce him to dictate to others far superior to himself in chemical acquirements and fame. He trusts, however, that its importance will be seen, and that some one will undertake to examine it, and thus verify or refute its conclusions. If these should be proved erroneous, still new facts may be brought to light, or old ones better established, by the investigation...
392. oldal - ... with their guns and ammunition, together with a certain number of great guns, and a quantity of powder and shot. The rajah, however, refused to deprive his family of so valuable...
308. oldal - Notice. — Every person intending to qualify himself under the regulations of this Act to practise as an apothecary, or to act as an assistant/ must give notice in writing (post paid) addressed to the Clerk of the Society of Apothecaries, Apothecaries' Hall, London, at leapt six days previously to the day of examination.
218. oldal - Ditto 2 Ditto 3 Ditto 4 Ditto 5 Ditto 6 Ditto 7 Ditto 8 Ditto 9 Ditto 10 Ditto 11 Ditto 12 Ditto 13 Ditto 14 Ditto 15 Ditto 16 Ditto 17 Morning Observ. Hbnr. 8* 20...
307. oldal - That no person shall be admitted to any such examination for a certificate to practise as an apothecary, unless he shall have served an apprenticeship of not less than five years to an apothecary, and unless he shall produce testimonials to the satisfaction of the said Court of Examiners, of a sufficient medical education, and of a good moral conduct.