Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Acts afterwards alludes altar ancient appears blood called carried cause Christ Christian Chron circumstance commanded continued court custom David death Deut divine East edit Egypt Exod give given hands head Hebrew holy Israel Israelites Jerusalem Jesus Jewish Jews John Josephus Judah Judg kind kingdom Kings land Lord Luke manner Mark Matt mentioned month Moses mountains nature observed offered Palestine particular passages Paul Persians person prayer present priests probably prophet Psal punishment received Roman sacred says Scriptures side sometimes stones supposed taken temple termed Testament thing thou tion Travels trees tribes unto various viii whole worship xvii xviii xxii
162. oldal - But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room ; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee. For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased ; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
216. oldal - Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, "Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon, and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon." And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies.
191. oldal - If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to-morrow we die.
41. oldal - Now, therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people : for all the earth is mine : and ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation.
153. oldal - What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light : and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
169. oldal - But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city : and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.
70. oldal - And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!
54. oldal - As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man ; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them : they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
255. oldal - In thoughts from the visions of the night, when deep sleep falleth on men, Fear came upon me, and trembling, which made all my bones to shake. Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up: It stood still, but I could not discern the form thereof: an image was before mine eyes, there was silence, and I heard a voice...